01-30-2010 #11Donatello Guest
If that's really whats happening then it's a shame. I've respect for George Hotz for finding a hardware exploit quite fast and for sharing all his progress and information as much as possible.
But i hate and disrespect Mathieulh for being such a dick. I mean what's the point afaik he did not do anything great up until yet. But he acts like hes someone special. He's just a poser and an idiot. And I wouldn't even use a sofware exploit which he releases. Because i can't stand people like him. Egoistic prick.
01-30-2010 #12TUHTA Guest
i can't understand guys what you are talking about
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
@Temi 1. I only share what I am allowed to share 2. Other devs do have it 3. What makes you think I didn't have it 4. It indeed IS copyrighted, making it illegal to be shared, especially in broad daylight.
Now, you want it, you dump it, there is nothing that requires me to share this dump with anyone. Why don't you complain about Geohot not sharing it to you ? That's the same thing.
Everthing requires to make your own dump is public, I am certainly not helping you obtaining it through means that are not legal.
Now stop whining, this leads nowhere.Mathieulh said...
@Matt B About that, this was a small hack that had to do with hdd cache and bypassing the disc authentication process, backups needed to be obtained from a debug console though since you needed a decrypted dump and no I am not commenting more than that, I don't like piracy, if you want to run your backups you are on the wrong blog, beside this trick (it was much more of a trick than an actual exploit) has been fixed for ages and only worked with a very few games.
I don't even think Alex knows Demonhades or speaks to him. If he does, I don't know about it.Mathieulh said...
@Gökhan A few people have already started reversing the lv1 dump in the hope of finding interesting bits of code (mostly bugs or exploitable code) and get hypervisor through software means without the involvement of hardware.
The one thing I agree with Mathieulh about is that people shouldn't complain to him about it, those who are seeking the same opportunity as was given to Mathieulh and company to examine the dumps (without having to dump the files themselves) should approach GeoHot instead.
01-30-2010 #14SCE Guest
So, it is time for CJPC to apply the hack himself and have his own dumps. And better, leak it anonymously so everone can work on it
01-30-2010 #15Warrorar Guest
i wish CJPC and the rest would get the dump... they deserve it...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
The first step is to source the correct parts to do it though, since GeoHot (either on purpose, or because he was in a hurry) didn't provide a detailed/itemized parts list and where to purchase them all from. If he would have from the release day, I have a feeling other people would have actually dumped and shared theirs by now, eh?
We will try to work on a more detailed materials list I suppose, as the first step in moving forward for the PS3 scene... versus doing nothing and waiting for the few Mathieulh tweets that surface.
01-30-2010 #17Mathieulh Guest
2. I don't give a crap about credits, whoever comes with a hack can feel free to release it as it pleases him, if I was to ever release something I would most likely not even be using my real nick.
3. There are skilled people, some more skilled than I am now having this dump and working in a group to figure if anything can be done with it.
4. I am a "KNOB" that achieved things before so you can go STFU unless you actually start doing something on your own.
5. Yes I was pessimistic about geohot's hack for a lot of reasons and I got few disagreements with it about it, I am still thinking the hack as it is is pointless to the end user and a lot of work is required in order for anything useful to show up.
6. Oh ! my god ! I am "SCARED OF OTHERS !!! " Holly crap, I must be agoraphobic then... Do you really think I don't know that there are far better reverse engineerers than me in this world, hell, even in this scene ? Some of them even have that dump as we speak, and yes I am more than ready to acknowledge them, seriously I can even claim I am a moron for all I care, because next to some people, I really am (unfortunately for you you are not part of such people though)
7. Have you ever seen me whoring for credits, asking for donations, or bloging about myself or my achievements all over ? Go get a life, seriously, I can't even count the number of things I helped for and never asked for credits, the people I helped all do remember me though, in fact in most case I ask to be removed from credits, the only thing those do is to act as noob magnets and I can't stand noobs (sorry for them).
8. Get REAL I don't leak, I wont ever do, I was asked not to share this dump and considering this is copyrighted data to begin with, I am unlikely and very reluctant to do so. People that "deserve" to play with this dump have enough skills to dump it on their own. If people that do have the skills to do it don't because they "lack the time" or whatever it just means that it isn't their priority as we speak and they probably have other things on their hands.
This hack is public and it isn't like it requires a lot of special kills to get it working, as for equipment you just need something that sends 25mhz pulses. That would cost about 1USD in any proper electronic shop.
Now stop the free complaining, whining and the like because this is leading nowhere.
01-30-2010 #18veggav Guest
There are some stuffs I don't understand.
1. What can be done with a HV dump ? Find a hole and do whatever you want ?
2. If geohot has released his exploit, isn't with it a way possible to every ps3 owner dump a ps3 ? He has some more hack he's not sharing ?
3. why matheliuueius (too long nickname to remember) and the other guy are so important for the scene ?
never heard of them before geohot exploit.
01-30-2010 #19Warrorar Guest
i'm thinking about to get the 40ns send to the ps3 over usb or someother way except putting up the connection to the board =/
i think then i would be able to get the dumps... someone know if this is possible?
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
1. The HV dump can be reversed, and holes/vulnerabilities can be found that may lead to a PS3 hack that doesn't require any hardware.
2. Correct, the issue is it requires the proper materials, time, and effort... most Devs are too busy to redo what's already been done, and simply want a fair chance like Mathieulh and crew had to obtain the already-dumped files to examine.
3. He was mostly known for being Dark_AleX's mouthpiece, however, Devs also know him as he has SCE DevNet access (access to all of Sony's $DK files) which is something most are envious of, including us!