Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    zhixiang Guest

How to manually transfer files to PS3 HDD?

I have manually decrypted and extracted a debug .pkg. Is there anyway I can transfer files directly to debug ps3 hdd? Thank you for your reply. I've tried cellftp.self, but it does not allow me to modify the hdd.

CJPC Guest
    cellftp.self will allow you to copy files - however the directory needs to first be created. Simplest way would be to use an application to call the Cell FS API, and make a new directory.

However, if you don't want to do that - you could create a "empty" package (with say, a few dummy files in there), and just set it to the same Title ID of your debug pkg - then you can install it on the PS3, then use cellftp.self to transfer it over.

zhixiang Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    cellftp.self will allow you to copy files - however the directory needs to first be created. Simplest way would be to use an application to call the Cell FS API, and make a new directory.

However, if you don't want to do that - you could create a "empty" package (with say, a few dummy files in there), and just set it to the same Title ID of your debug pkg - then you can install it on the PS3, then use cellftp.self to transfer it over.
    I've tried using copydir FOLDER_NAME /dev_hdd0/game/FOLDER_NAME, but it gave an error. What do u mean by creating the directory first? Btw, if I want to install a debug PSN pkg in GAME OS via the install PKG feature, where should I put the .pkg file?

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixiang View Post
    I've tried using copydir FOLDER_NAME /dev_hdd0/game/FOLDER_NAME, but it gave an error. What do u mean by creating the directory first? Btw, if I want to install a debug PSN pkg in GAME OS via the install PKG feature, where should I put the .pkg file?
    You can put the .PKG file in /app_home, or on the root of a USB drive.

By creating the directory first - you need to make the directory "FOLDER_NAME" before you can copy to it - it's a bit of an inconvenience.

zhixiang Guest
    .pkg installed smoothly via /app_home, but mkdir FOLDER_NAME does not work in cellftp.self for /dev_hdd0. Can you be more specific how to "create" a new folder in /dev_hdd0

CJPC Guest

[Register or Login to view code]

Check out the libfs samples - they should be very useful with larger code examples!

danick310 Guest

Smile

thanks a lot for all the advices

warpjavier Guest

Check out the libfs samples - they should be very useful with larger code examples!
    I tried that and I always get an error when the cellFsMkDir tries to create the folder into /dev_hdd0/game.

Can you be more specific or post an example code that you know works please? I'm doing a couple of tests and I would like to create folders in /dev_hdd0/game.

Thanks

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by warpjavier View Post
    I tried that and I always get an error when the cellFsMkDir tries to create the folder into /dev_hdd0/game.

Can you be more specific or post an example code that you know works please? I'm doing a couple of tests and I would like to create folders in /dev_hdd0/game.

Thanks
    Well, what kind of error are you getting? Furthermore, paste a segment of your code here so we can take a peek @ it!

warpjavier Guest
    Here is the code and the error:

• Page 1 of 2 12 Last