PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Help with running some games

Some games i've tried on my new test ps3 don't seem to want to run and says it needs to update, but when i try to update it errors on me. I'm not sure what to do about this i had just bought this game "BlazBlue" yesterday and doesn't let me play.

Chances are you don't have the update named correctly or in the right directory... but before I keep guessing, you'll need to provide more information such as what exact error message you are receiving.

Oh, when i try to run the game it tells me: "To start you must update to version 2.76 or later."

and when i say yes to update it shows: "No Applicable update data was found."

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze192 View Post
    and when i say yes to update it shows: "No Applicable update data was found."
    OK, so it seems it's not seeing the Debug Firmware update on your CDR/USB/etc.

Make sure it's in this path/name when you go to update it: PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Oh, okay you were right about the directory problem, but now i have another one ;_;

I had tried the ps3 3.00 update but it told me it was corrupted and i just found out i need a debug firmware update, but i can't download it.

Yep, can't help you there sadly. You won't be able to download until you meet the requirements in the Sticky thread and become a Registered User here.

I'm going to close this thread now, as the initial problem was resolved.

Closed Thread