10-24-2010 #1Wolverin0 Registered User
Guide: How to Play Online Using a JailBroken PS3 with XLink Kai
Not too long ago jd200 posted a tutorial on How to Set Up Your PlayStation 3 for XLink Kai Online followed by DeViL303 starting a Forum topic where users can share their Xlink Kai IDs for PS3 JailBreak Online Gaming, and today Dukio.com (linked above) have made available a guide detailing how to play online using a JailBroken PS3 with XLink Kai.
Here is the scoop, to quote:
1. First, you must register an account with XLink at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/signup.php. You don't have to fill out all details, only * are important.
2. Then, download XLink Kai which is in http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php/ and simply run the installer.
3. Here comes the difficult part, which is forwarding your port. It is quite different depending on the type of your router. By default, its usually goes at 192.168.1.1. You must login and go into the port forwarding section. See how to port forward your router below:
4. Just set protocol to "both" (UDP & TCP) and the port from 30000 to 34522 then save and apply.
5. Now run the Xlink Kai Evolution VII program, if your are running Windows 7 right click -> properties -> run in Windows Xp SP2 and check run as administrator. (Click allow if there is any prompt window about firewall)
6. This time, it should open up a configuration page. Simply entering your username and password from the XLink account you have created before, also check application GUI if it is set into the web GUI. This is optional as it will have an easier navigation.
7. Click the green arrow to login (If your not already logged into XLink), power on your Jailbroken PS3 console and you should get a DNS Error on startup. You don't have to worry about this as it is normal.
8. Finally, click on the magnify glass with the folder icon below the "?". If it says "PS2/PS3 is configured successfully" , I must congratulate you as you are now connected to XLink and can host LAN parties.
Supported PS3 Games For This Method:
- Call of Duty 4
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty [email protected]
- Condemned 2
- OFP Dragon Rising
- Rainbow Six Vegas
- The Darkness
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Armored Core 4
- Blazing Angels 2
- DiRT 2
- F1 2010
- Formula 1 Championship
- H.A.W.X 2
- Dark Sector
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
- Kane & Lynch Dead Man
- Red Dead Redemption
- Red Fraction Guerrilla
- Saints Row 2
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-24-2010 #2chuck Registered User
modern warfare 2 is bootable?
10-24-2010 #3mcx997 Registered User
it's great, need to test
10-24-2010 #4Frago Registered User
I test and i can't make it work i the last step is not working for me anyone with this problem?
Edit: i make it work, but i can't find anyone in colin dirt2 and i have made a channel and i waitng for anyone to join me and test it together.
10-24-2010 #5solrac1974 Registered User
Great guide, will be a lot useful when more people come to play on XLink Kai.
10-24-2010 #6Frago Registered User
i'm trying with f1 2010.. anyone to test it?
10-24-2010 #7naveenr Registered User
so this is a third party PSN for online gaming ? or using PSN itself ?
also if a game needs patch (latest ) will my ps3 connect to psn to downlaod the patch ?
10-24-2010 #8PiLLeMaNN Registered User
Itīs mainly used for LAN ENABLED Games, So NO PSN!!! Game would only work if itīs supported by XLink Kai.
10-24-2010 #9AliAsghar1361 Registered User
May add more game to the list in the future ?
10-24-2010 #10shadowacexr Registered User
They can't add support that is not there. I have known many of the guys on the Kai team for years. It is a "tunnel" that emulates LAN gaming. So if the game has a system link option it should work fine over Kai. If there is no system link option, it will never work on Kai...