Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45



  1. #11
    Sr. Member adrianc1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    428




    Sponsored Links!
    Sponsored Links
    baby steps, its going fast enough as it is and homebrew will come in due time..

  2. #12
    Newbie Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    145




    Man, I'm gettin tired of this!

    Why can't he just release the exploit? What's the use holding it back? If it's really THAT big he will get his place in the hall of fame.
    But for now there is only chitchat going on and that's really annoying since there is no obvious reason for this.
    • Did he just realize that he may not have hacked the system 100%?
    • Is he negotiating with Sony?

    I mean... what's the deal? I just don't get it.

  3. #13
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,366




    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    Why can't he just release the exploit?

    I mean... what's the deal? I just don't get it.
    The deal is, it's slowly leaking out... just GeoHot is isolating himself from the fallout (which is safer for him).

    He wants to see what people can do with what is available, because he may never have to release the exploit if other doors open within the community. There is another "leak" on Elotrolado, but I will start a new thread for that via the Site News shortly.

  4. #14
    Banned veggav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    80




    A good thing came out of it, the scene seems to be unifying. People are testing the same code and sharing over the same thing.

    Hope this continues, closed doors will not lead us to nothing.

  5. #15
    Newbie Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    145




    Thanks for the refreshing answer! I'm curious...

  6. #16

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    Man, I'm gettin tired of this!

    Why can't he just release the exploit? What's the use holding it back? If it's really THAT big he will get his place in the hall of fame.
    But for now there is only chitchat going on and that's really annoying since there is no obvious reason for this.
    • Did he just realize that he may not have hacked the system 100%?
    • Is he negotiating with Sony?

    I mean... what's the deal? I just don't get it.
    he say he is not opposable to release the exploit but in fact, his exploit is not useful for the moment.

    maybe something else missing to complete exploit and total access for a fat console.

    just wait i think..
    Last edited by playforfun; 01-26-2010 at 04:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    There is another "leak" on Elotrolado, but I will start a new thread for that via the Site News shortly.
    What do you mean by "there is another leak"??

  8. #18
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,366




    Quote Originally Posted by ultrachez View Post
    What do you mean by "there is another leak"??
    It's still being investigated by the Devs... when I know more we'll post on it in the Site News, I imagine sometime tonight.

  9. #19
    Banned geohot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    21




    If that code wasn't laughably easy to understand, forget trying to understand the exploit. I'm surprised a stupid little snippet like that makes news.

    I encourage everyone to go install OtherOS and play with the hypervisor themselves. If you don't understand what you can't do, you really won't appreciate the new powers the exploit gives you. The PS3 is more open than most of you think apparently.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by geohot View Post
    If that code wasn't laughably easy to understand, forget trying to understand the exploit. I'm surprised a stupid little snippet like that makes news.

    I encourage everyone to go install OtherOS and play with the hypervisor themselves. If you don't understand what you can't do, you really won't appreciate the new powers the exploit gives you. The PS3 is more open than most of you think apparently.
    I would not call this code easy, but much respect to you, man !

 

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Register, Login or Activate Your Account to post on the forums.

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News