Thread: Gaia Manager
10-13-2010 #1drizzt84 Guest
Gaia Manager v2.07 released
It's based on Sexy Manager and Open Manager (the psx-scene one) 1.17.2 release.
Direct Boot mode is unsupported! Use it at your own risk!
PL3 dev (peek & poke) payload is not supported and using it may crash your PS3.
Precompiled psgroove+pl3 versions often include dev payload, so use my builded hexes instead.
Do not report any bug involving Direct Boot nor PL3 dev! Thanks
V2.07 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- Enabled discless on syscall36
- Changed syscall36 implementation, from two payloads to only one payload (https://github.com/drizztbsd/syscall36)
V2.06 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- Change HV_SIZE size to ~3.4MB, it should make no crash anymore Gaia Manager on startup...
- Fix 8001003D and 8001003E errors (such as in Fifa 11)
V2.05 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- Use harcoded payload (less crashes)
- Use another payload (with syscall36), it should never crash inside game now
- Reminder Gaia Manager has the Sony logs cleanup since October 2010 and it's always active and working...
V2.02 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- Fixed compatibility with old ps3s
- Improved start up time (it's faster now)
V2.01 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- It does not try to load the syscall every time you start Gaia Manager, but only the first time. that should be fix some crashes when reopening Gaia Manager.
It's reported that if the PS3 crashes sometimes you will need to do an hard power off / power on (detaching cable and reataching).
V2.00 (3.55 CFW only) Features:
- Built for CFW 3.55 (with peek & poke support), integrate lv2 patching support (so, no need to use lv2.pkg). You need to remove old Gaia Manager from XMB before installing it
- Fix network shutdown. It's needed to properly shutdown the network when you exit to XMB or when you launch an homebrew.
- Fix Direct Boot and Homebrew launch
- Add support of left analog stick to scroll the game list
- Fix some bugs in weltall code. Upgrade as soon as possible and do NOT use V1.03!
- Fix permissions if directory has 0700 as file mode (on internal hard disk). it fix the ftp permission problem with pl3
- Increase max device number from 3 to 5
- Automatically modify PARAM.SFO to enable remote play in game. © FunzZy
- Added german language strings © evostar
- Add a better, transparent HIGHLIGHT.PNG (courtesy of klutsh)
- Add a patch from weltall to get the system version instead of harcoding 3.41 (useful to play new games with old firmwares
- Add cleanup function to remove the list of the games played. That list is sent to Sony
- Updated French translation, thanks foX aCe
- Automatic cover downloading (with SQUARE)
- Backup BDVD button assigment removed, you had to use CIRCLE on first entry
- Add support for pixel blending for PNG alpha support
- Changed logo (thanks traumakom)
- Removed version inside gaia manager and added to XMB information box
- Automatically fix PARAM.SFO with PS3_SYSTEM_VERSION > 3.41
- Fix IP string when PS3 is disconnected from the network
- Show TITLE ID above the cover
- Re-add disc_less mode in pl3 (but this time it works)
- Fix mem patching on Hermes (now it's enabled ONLY on game launching)
- Merge from OpenBM 1.17.1 to fix discless mode without any discless menu option (pl3 only)
- Fix "Copy Selected" and "Delete Selected" regression
- Fix settings saving/reloading. Now the file is settings.cfg. Save also hdd_folder to settings.cfg instead of rewriting EBOOT.BIN
- Add support for GAMESDIR/COVER.PNG, now you can put in your cover in your game directory (old directories still work)
- Show build version
- Remember the last enabled L1, L2, R1, R2 options and reload them on application start-up
- Fix select+start that didn't save the new selected directory
- (dev) Code cleaning, removed goto and splitted some functions in another file
- Remove the Mathieulh's patch since it's integrated in a PSGroove fork and pl3, this allow Gaia Manager to work with old payloads. Please use psfMod 0.9.6.0 (or newer) or that psgroove payload
- Fix regression that prevent BDVD backup to work with old PL3 or psgroove payload, sorry.
- Fix Mathieulh's patch
- Add support for disc-less mode in new (as in psfmod 0.9.6 or later version) PL3
- In the attached zip you will find two pkgs, one with BDRIPS directory and one with GAMEZ directory (are you happy now?)
- Add Mathieulh's patch for installing retail patches (to be removed when payloads have it).
- Add support for newest psfreedom with PL3 (syscall35 instead of syscall36)
- From now games directory is BDRIPS and cover directory is BDCOVERS. You can put it in internal hard disk (/dev_hdd0/BDRIPS and /dev_hdd0/BDCOVERS) or in an usb hard disk (/dev_usb?/BDRIPS and /dev_usb/BDCOVERS).
- New graphics made with Inkscape in SVG by klutch, I know the text is ugly, but it's the only way to allow multi language support. When I will integrate libfont support then the strings will display beautiful
- Fixed homebrew tab
- Add fallback support for /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ as game directory (you need to answer "NO" to all the proposed directories to use it).
- Rename COVERS directory to COVERZ and add support for /dev_hdd0/COVERZ directory
- Fixed EBOOT.BIN fix permission when "Mem Patch" is enabled
- Change pink color to yellow (in the device area)
- In the zip you will find also a version without initial sound
- RC1 Features:
- Use two different background, one for games and one for homebrew
- Remap "Test files" to R3
- Add rehash function to L3 (it will reload the game/homebrew list)
- Add support for covers: you just need to put the cover (260x300) in /dev_hdd0/games/GAIA01985/COVERS/ or in GAME_PATH/../..COVERS and are by title id, ex BCUS12345.PNG
- Package ID is changed from OMAN46756 to GAIA01985 and also the homebrew and all related dirs!
- Added "Direct Boot" mode (L2)
- Changed the key combo to change the internal game dir to SELECT+HOME
- Fixed square button to backup from bdvd
- Removed "Put games from BR-DISC" and "Put the homebrew in USBXXX:/homebrew" strings
- Reduced the gap between one device and his size and the next device, in the bottom bar
- Fixed the highlight alignment (thanks klutsh)
- New BG file with IP: aligned (thanks klutsh) and bottom size bar expanded
- Hermes v3 patching enabled (L1).
- Graphic / Background changed (thanks to klush) to allow safe area
- Buttons remapped (exit key removed, use menu to exit)
- Direct loading removed (it works with only 10% of games)
- All my old patches
You have to use the Blackb0x ftp server or Awesome FileManager v0.06 or later versions to move/rename the game/cover directory (if you want to do it)
10-13-2010 #2JonahUK Guest
Congrats on getting your own thread Drizzt, well done.
Can you incorporate the new mempatch (for retail updates etc.) into Gaia?
10-13-2010 #3me1972 Guest
very nice, before you get your own it was confusing.
10-13-2010 #4ocat1979 Guest
Nice to see you got your own little section now mate!
Next addition to Gaia has to be the 0x80000000000057410 offset patch
10-13-2010 #5drizzt84 Guest
The offset patch is a payload patch, not an application patch.
Psfreedom (PL3) can be easly modified to do it (and it will be added soon).
You should ask to psgroove developers to add it.
I won't waste time to add it in Gaia Manager, if a user wants to do it I will accept and add his patch...
10-13-2010 #6JonahUK Guest
The hermes mempatch was also a payload patch before it was included into any managers. As long as a payload accepts peek/poke, developers can introduce the calls into their apps.
This will keep the payloads down and everybody would be using the same payload. The app is what should be applying the calls.
In theory, as I don't use any games that require the existing patch in your manager, can I replace the two values to use the new values?
10-13-2010 #7johnny1233 Guest
went to rc3 came back to rc2.
gotta rename everything n move and games from internal takes ages ceebs at that loved your work
10-13-2010 #8drizzt84 Guest
In attach you can find the latest, tarred GaiaManager git repository.
To compile you need to do (from a shell/mingw shell):
[Register or Login to view code]
To update the source code you need to do (you need git installed):
[Register or Login to view code]
If you only want to change the games/covers directory watch in config.h file or compile with:
[Register or Login to view code]
Replace MY_COVERS and MY_GAMES with your desired covers and games directory
10-13-2010 #9drizzt84 Guest
10-13-2010 #10johnny1233 Guest
o_o can i rename my laun gamez folder lmao then will it work