Flex Manager PS3 Netflix Style Backup Manager is Released!
Today a PS3 Netflix style Backup Manager dubbed Flex Manager is available, courtesy of khaosjimena, 0o_shelak_o0, Cuberata and Charlo at Elotrolado.net (linked above) and dogie721 and Jurai2 here as well, which comes in several versions that have been added below.
Download: Flex Manager v1.0 / Flex Manager v1.0.1
Version 1.0.1 Changelog:
• add some bottom temporary on front
• waiting for option over the games selected
For those curious, it allows you to select from PS3 games on your HDD similar to how you would choose a Netflix movie, and covers should be 348x400 in size and placed in the following directory:
Finally, the titles need to match their respective PlayStation 3 game ID counterparts and currently PNG image names must be in CAPS to work.
Here are other revisions that led to Flex Manager:
• Pretty Manager - functionally it is the same as the BG mod, but uses a nicer interface. Interface provided by neversun.
• Pretty Manager r2 - very minor speed improvement on the png stuff, not enough though.. paths displayed below game title.
• Pretty Manager r3 - added drizzt84's ansi workaround, regressed the png changes. PNG's should now display while in Hermes mode (requires deleting cache2 folder).
• Pretty Manager r4 - changes to support Hermes v3 since everyone seems to agree it works fine. UI corrections, FTP status currently doesn't display. Direct boot dialog removed. FTP toggle remapped to L3
R3 toggles attempting to direct-boot.
• Sexy Manager r1 - initial release.
• Sexy Manager r2 - fixed the page jumps on left/right, were set incorrectly.
• Sexy Manager SRC (Oct 6 2:45pm)
• Sexy Manager SRC (Oct 6 4:45pm) - updated source with w4r10cks fixes.
• Pretty Manager r4 Skin Mod
• Open Manager New GUI - uses the "dev_hdd0/GAMES" folder to copy/store backups.
• Open Manager Type S - Changed the OM background. Changed the ICON. Added PIC1. Added PIC2 and Added SND0.AT3 from Split Second.
• Sexy Drizzt - FTP ON/OFF. Game title is not truncated at 37 bytes but at 65 (you have more space than the original implementation). Use "HOMEBREW" string instead of "HOMEBREW MODE". Startup audio is not working.
• Open Manager v2.0 Gaia Beta 1 - Hermes v3 patching enabled (L1). Graphic / Background changed (thanks to klush) to allow safe area. Buttons remapped (exit key removed, use menu to exit). Direct loading removed (it works with only 10% of games). All my old patches.
• Open Manager v2.0 Gaia Beta 2 - Fixed the highlight alignment (thanks klutsh). New BG file with IP: aligned (thanks klutsh) and bottom size bar expanded.
• Open Manager v2.0 Gaia Beta 2 SRC
• Open Manager v2.0 Gaia Beta 3 - Added "Direct Boot" mode (L2). Changed the key combo to change the internal game dir to SELECT+HOME. Fixed square button to backup from bdvd. Removed "Put games from BR-DISC" and "Put the homebrew in USBXXX:/homebrew" strings. Reduced the gap between one device and his size and the next device, in the bottom bar.
• CB Manager v2 - UTF-8 Fix. Re-worked the gui. Peek Fix. XMB Start removed. Cleaned some code. Buttons re-mapped. Atrac AT3 removed. Fixed Permissions not working properly. Fixing Permissions will start in "/dev_hdd0/game/" and changes ALL directorys and files to chmod777/666. Asking YES/NO somehow broke it for PS3 Slim.
More PlayStation 3 News...
More attachments for the first post here.
the backup manager battle begins... lol.
i'm really loving all the creativity as of late.
Doesn't support a lot of features from Open Manager, also overwrites Open Manager... So you can't have both installed simultaneously. Moh (developer putting in a lot of effort to OM) said that he is more focused on functionality and compatibility over looks. This is more for looks than for functionality, so stick with Open Manager if you have any games that need patches or that you'd like to play without a disc. Give it time and there will be a solution for both, but for now, this manager sucks with how it handles games. It is pretty, though.
other BM's that these guys are working on (Pretty, Sexy, Gaia, Cover) have equal to or more funtionality as OM (all based on OM code) so look up any of these read up on them try them whatever, might find one to your liking (Flex is based off of Cover)
Hats off to the creators of Flex Manager looks quite promising.
no thanks, i'll stick with xmboot shortcuts.
wow, just give the guy credit for even taking the time to code the damn app. criticism is pointless if you cant code a better app.
don't take a wizz in his cereal just yet, so far he has the sexiest gui.
All this is is my Cover Manager with a different background png inserted into the package, how is this frontpage news?