- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Fix Update 4.21+ PKG for Fixing PS3 80010009 Update Error Arrives
Recently PS3ITA has released a Fix Update 4.21+ PKG followed by v0.9 used for fixing the PS3 80010009 error that occurs when installing some PlayStation 3 game updates, and the homebrew application is compatible with both 4.21 / 4.30 CEX and DEX Custom Firmware (CFW) versions.
Download: Fix_Update_4_21+_v0_9.pkg / Fix_Update_4_21+_v0_9.pkg (Mirror) / Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg / Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg (Mirror) / Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg (Mirror #2) / Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg (Mirror #3) / Fix_Update_4.21+.pkg (Mirror #4)
To quote, roughly translated:
- Compatible with any CFW 4.++ CEX/DEX
- Fixes 80010009 error in games updates that require firmware version 4.21+
1) Load any game from multiMAN.
2) Return to XMB, (if you have not already done so, start the game and download the update at this time, if the update is greater than 4.30 will usual error and return to XMB 8001009)
3) Start Fix_Update_4.21 +
4) It will return you to the XMB and start the game again.
5) You need to do this process only once after installing an update
If you've downloaded and installed the update, just load the game from multiMAN, run Fix Update 4.21+ and run the game.
Update: Fix + Update 4.21 has been updated to version 0.9. The new features are very important, we advise everyone to use this new version! The download link has been updated with the new version.
- The program searches ALL files. SPRX,. Them self in the update and "fixa." This eliminates the freeze that occurred with some games (see Fifa 13 "career mode" ..)
- Like the previous version Patcha also 'eboot.
Fix_Update_4.21 + is a new application homebrew issued by PS3ITA that will fix the error 80010009 on this new update of games that require a higher firmware to version 4.21. The PKG can be installed on any CFW 4:20 to 4:31 CEX / DEX (including our CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX).
I remind everyone that this error 80010009 on their backup has already been solved by a fix this in later versions of multiMAN, while the PKG Fix_Update_4.21 + solve the same mistake this directly in the update installed on your console.
Below are the specs:
- Compatible with any CFW 4:20 to 4:31 CEX / DEX (including CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX)
- Resolves the error 80010009 on this new update of games that require a higher firmware to version 4.21
- Interacts directly with the update already installed in the console ( / dev_hdd0/game/titleid/USRDIR)
How to use it:
1. Uploading a backup of any game from multiMAN
2. Returning to the XMB, if you have not already done so, start the game and download the update at this point if the update is greater than 4.21 will give the usual error 8001009 and return to xmb (you can download and install the update using different methods)
3. Fix_Update_4.21 Launch + 4. Returning to the XMB, start the game again
NOTE 1: If you have already downloaded the update just run the game from multiMAN, just back to the XMB, run the pkg and run the game.
NOTE 2: The fix for that 'update is permanent, if you already have a fixato do not need to re-run the update pkg.
A big thanks to Rancid (o) who created / the entire project.
Finally, from deank on the possibility of incorporating this game updates fix into multiMAN (multiMAN EBOOT Fix up to 4.31): I know about the app but I had no time to check what it does. If they come forward and say what it does without me wasting few hours to investigate - it will be better.
Update: Rancid(o) has now called deank out for including this in the latest multiMAN / stealthMAN without crediting the PS3ITA team, and deank attempted to save face stating the following:
I added the 80010009 fix almost a month ago in 04.11.13... This time I extended it to:
- fix self/sprx files of the game backup
- fix any installed updates on internal hdd (including updates installed when game loaded is from original disc)
- fix any installed updates on external usb hdd in GAMEI folder (if gameDATA/Ext.Game Data is used)
- fix the param.sfo of the update
- keep track of the installed updates/changes so it doesn't have to re-scan the game each time you load it
They released an app that does what mM did for a while and extended its features, kudos!
Shortly following, Rancid(o) reminded deank of the following: The method for fixing the error 0x80010009 was made public (via ps3ita.it/forum/post35204.html#p35204) before of the release of multiMAN 04.11.13 but concluded by giving deank the benefit of the doubt stating: But if you have not seen then kudos to you.. no problem..
More PlayStation 3 News...
12-05-2012 #2StanSmith Guest
I just tried this on 2 games, COD BO2 and Hitman Absolution and after updating both games I get no errors it just drops back to XMB. So I ran this and still the same.
I guess you have to get that certain error for this to work.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
12-05-2012 #4StanSmith Guest
EDIT: I was wrong. I'm not sure what happened but after I rebooted the console none of the updated games work. HA and COD_BO2 no longer work with updates.
12-05-2012 #5Sejuice Guest
I didn't have any problems with hitman update or any other game, on rogero 4.3
12-05-2012 #6StanSmith Guest
Thats coz your in 4.3 so it doesn't matter and you wouldn't use this.
This is for 4.21+CFW NOT 4.30 CFW.
12-05-2012 #7anthonyrosales Guest
so if your on cfw 4.30 you can do any update ?
12-05-2012 #8xbudz Guest
For users on 4.30 CFW, does this fix the black screen issues with Playstation All-Stars or Little Big Planet Karting?
12-05-2012 #9babyjoe00069 Guest
if you have correct settings lil big planet karting and playstation all stars work perfectly with just the update from multiman, karting does have to be played with disc in drive though
12-05-2012 #10madtadpole Guest
What are those settings for Battle Royale? No matter what I try (Rogero 4.31 v2.03, MM x.14.03, Internal) in MM I always get either a black screen (vanilla game) or after the initial credits, a blue screen (update PKG 1.03 IIRC or 1.02, anyway, the latest released for it).