Today Xeauron has reported via French site Logic-Sunrise.com that a Final Burn Alpha PS3 GameOS port is coming soon for fans.
Download: FB_Alpha_RL_v1.03_(Arcade).rar by concretecork
To quote: "Forum member lantus360 has kindly informed us that he's been working on porting over Final Burn Alpha to the PS3. This is a CPS1/CPS2/Neogeo emulator (arcades based on M68000 and Z80 CPUs) which plays popular games such as:
- Street Fighter Alpha / Street Fighter Zero
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 / Street Fighter Zero 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 / Street Fighter Zero 3
- Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
- Super Gem Fighter / Pocket Fighter
- Super Street Fighter 2 : The Tournament Battle
- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo / Super Street Fighter 2 X
- Vampire Savior : The Lord of Vampire
- X-Men : Children of the Atom
- X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
- Marvel Super Heroes
- Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
- And much, much more
I've spoken with lantus and he's stated that this project is currently a work in progress but we'll be seeing some movement on this port in the next week or two.
He already has experience porting emulators to console platforms as he ported SNES9x over to Xbox (1). This emulator (Final Burn Alpha) is also being ported over to Xbox360 at the same time.
The link to the repositry is as follows: https://code.google.com/p/fba360/
The objectives remain the same as for the 360 version, namely:
100% Speed / 1080p emulation of the following systems:
- CP System
- CP System II
- CP System III
- IGS PGM
- And others."
More PlayStation 3 News...