Sorry to sound so dumb, but how do I apply these patches please?
I wish I did just have a problem finding roms, I been up all night trying to install this. I am on 3.55 waninkokos V2 CFW. I have downloaded like 6 or 7 different versions, 2 have installed and then error when I try to load, the others won't install at all. I only see geohots CFW everywhere I look, did I mess up going from 3.41 OFW straight to 3.55 CFW?
Yup. Install order is 3.41>3.55 OFW>3.55 CFW.
To be honest, I didn't try geohots. I installed Kmeaw and everything has been working great.
FBANext r423 Custom v2 PS3 Emulator
As a follow-up to his recent SNES9x update that included an HD version with shaders, squarepusher2 has also updated the FBANext r423 Custom v2 PS3 Emulator which now includes a Custom HD Mode as well.
Download: FBANext r423 Custom v2 PS3 Emulator / Source Code
FBANext PS3 SVN r423 Changelog:
- Core - updated fm.c fmopl.c with to match latest mame.
- PS3 - added triple buffer option (check options to toggle). Triple buffering
will be stored in xml
- A much faster graphics driver - try CPS3 and CPS2 games and feel and see the difference in terms of speed. Most of the input lag noticed by experienced arcade players should be mostly gone now.
- Triple-buffering is hardforced to be enabled by default - together with the new graphics driver makes the framerate very fast.
- Sysutil OSD is used for some parts of the In-Game menu, such as saving a savestate, saving a button preset, or generating a clrmame.dat file, and so on.
Changelog for Custom r423:
- New input code
- HD shaders – as with SNES9x PS3, 4xSoft-HD looks the best
Included is a diff patch intended for Lantus – so these changes can be carried over into mainline FBA.
More PlayStation 3 News...
how can i get the roms work? the program still says no rom found.. i think must copy the roms to dev_hdd0\game\fban00000\usrdir\roms but how can i do that?
You'll have to access it by FTP server or awesomefilemanager.
FBANext PS3 - Custom build v3
Here is a new build of FBANext r423 Custom v3 PS3 MC68000/Z80 Arcade Emulator which now includes a big lag reduction among the changes and fixes outlined below.
Download: FBANext r423 Custom v3 PS3 Emulator / Source Code
FBANext PS3 - r423 - Custom - v3
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE V2:
- Big reduction in lag - also a far more stable FPS as a result of this (due to elimination of virtual function call overhead when a class would inherit from a base class with virtual functions). You will notice the biggest improvements with fighting games for CPS2/CPS3 - but overall all games should benefit from this.
- A new shader - tv-highcontrast-HD. This basically mimics the look of a high-end CRT monitor. Set 'Hardware Filter' to Linear and select a resolution lower than or equal to 1440x1080 to get the best results (if you have triple buffering on - else it's 960x1080 or lower for best results)
- Fixed: A hang/freeze would occur after selecting a shader and then changing the resolution.
- Fixed: You can now go back and forwards in the list when selecting a shader - press Left to go back one entry in the shader list, and press Right to go forward.
This has proven to be a big win so far - the only thing so far that has actually shown a substantial improvement/difference while trying out several PPC in-order optimization 'tricks'.
More PlayStation 3 News...
there will be cheat support?
Thanks squarepusher2, FBANext keeps getting better and better. Well done.