11-13-2009 #1Nishank Guest
An Exploit found to run PS3 backups
I found this thread on a Spanish site i guess...
Had read it after translating through Google Translate:
DEMONH seen ....
was waiting for the right moment to break the news but good to say it and so we can finish with such nonsense condensed crellendo people who are still superior.
PS3 backups load thanks to an exploit discovered when it is considered necessary is to upload a video showing the event. My way of working will protect this exploit and not give details of how this occurs so that might not make the same mistakes of the past.
You have to patch both updates as other functions, the iso is not worth anyone ... It requires a different process than those generated in linux are not worth keeping the encryption layer.
The exploit creates a CheckStop that generates a reboot and does not load everything back into memory but the function of pre patched disk and run the new copy.
The models are tested 40/60/80.
The games tested are 3, Killzone 2, burnout paradise, pes2008.
And this is all for now I will not talk any more about it and I hope this thread remains to discuss the jtag, because if I opened this investigation was to help people who have my same problem ... broken plate reader pior testing.
The exploit is a checkstop and backups made from linux won't work...
I don't know what to make of it but have my fingers crossed...
Maybe BOSS or CJ could brief us...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
1) We knew all PS3 scene (Linux-dumped) back-ups won't work for roughly two years already (see here: http://www.ps4news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-Patches-Ahoy/).
2) The post is quite vague (perhaps lost in translation) but I did notice those who can read Spanish fluently from Elotrolado didn't seem to make much of it as the thread there is closed.
3) I don't see anything about this on DemonHades blog (DemonHades.org) yet, so maybe it's old news someone copied from his Forums to Elotrolado or he just didn't post it yet.
4) DemonHades is also a PS3 Dev here, so I'm sure if it is something new and interesting he'll be in touch with the others... but like most PS3-related finds over the last year or two, nobody wants to publically release anything due to Sony prematurely plugging the holes (which is understandable).
I guess we will wait and see what, if anything, develops... everyone is on a different timezone so it's often a challenge in itself to get others in the loop.
If anyone can read/translate Spanish fluently feel free to add to this below.
11-13-2009 #3ati93 Guest
I confirm all this , a friend is working on it with demonhades
I saw with my eyes how it works
11-13-2009 #4Nishank Guest
3. I was reading some threads on demonhades forums and i think he was pissed off at something someone wrote at Elotrolado about jtag... You can check out the forums there.
4. And yes i'm okay if they don't want to share the exploit for the obvious reasons..
And yes it's difficult to communicate to someone in different time zone...
And all my observation based on google translate.. So please don't blame me if something's no as i said it is....
It would be nice if we all could see a video... But its up to demonhades when he wants to release if he ever wants to...
11-13-2009 #5gb14929 Guest
11-13-2009 #6mihaiolimpiu Guest
Amusing - FACT!
It's always amusing to see other peoples comments when something like this surfaces!
Well... I saw with my own eyes 2 "backups" being run from HDD... they were Burnout Paradise and Warhawk! That's pretty legit don't you think?!
Let's wait a couple days... someone is bound to confirm/infirm it!
11-13-2009 #7semitope Guest
If its real it would be best to wait till 3.10 is released and checking if the hole is blocked. After that there is no point fretting that sony will block it because that threat will always be there. Just don't update.
Sounds like it could be firmware independent?
11-13-2009 #8Nishank Guest
Guess that's why i'm still on FW2.80... And Some folks already confirming that they saw this exploit work... So now just have to wait...
Btw how likely do you guys think that this is gonna lead us somewhere...?
11-13-2009 #9mihaiolimpiu Guest
Extremely not likely! why does not my optimistic nature comes to life when it's about this kind of things Probably the dozen+ of these exploits...
11-13-2009 #10Nishank Guest