10-07-2010 #21Banned User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.2
Some more EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.2 updates for anyone that needs them...
- Updated import engine and firmware.
- The import engine has now the ability to import a wider range of hex files; basically any PSGroove or PSFreedom based hex file for any board type can now be imported (both AVR and PIC based boards are supported).
-Official Eclipse firmware still only supports FW 3.41 but with the right hex files you can now test the Eclipse hardware with older PS3 firmware versions (e.g. 3.01, 3.10, 3.15, etc).v1.2e:
- Fixed a bug causing backups to fail when loading PSGroove Hermes.
EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.3
EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.3 update for anyone that needs it...
- Discless mode is now used as default, old disc-based payload has been removed.
- Misc optimizations.
From their site, with more details HERE:
Here is the release of our 1.4c Firmware. This firmware update includes the downgrader and the new V1.4 Eclipse Firmware.
We are proud to say that Blue Ray DVD works fine with our downgrader. An updated release of V1.4 Firmware will also be done in the coming days, so check our news section
We are proud to release the Eclipse downgrader for PS3. This firmware will allow you simply to flash the eclipse to downgrade your PS3 from V3.50 to lower firmwares. You will need to use the Eclipse firmware V1.3 to reflash the Eclips3 with a working Firmware. Just follow the instrutions written into the .txt file inside the firmware zip file.
The V1.4 Firmware complete with downgrader will be released tomorrow. Files are available in our Download area. Have Fun!
Here's the BETA for proof, tomorrow official will be released. You can use any Lev2diag.self files to downgrade once jailbreaked. We will place it online in few minutes, meantime you can also use this package: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qlfoyi
We are proud to release the Eclipse downgrader for PS3. This firmware will allow you simply to flash the eclipse to downgrade your PS3 from V3.50 to lower firmwares. You will need to use the Eclipse firmware V1.3 to reflash the Eclips3 with a working Firmware. Just follow the instrutions written into the .txt file inside the firmware zip file. The V1.4 Firmware complete with downgrader will be released tomorrow. Files are available in our Download area. Have Fun!
EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.5
Another EcliPS3 Firmware Manager v1.5 update which includes new downgrader code, and several optimizations:
Eclipse Updater v1.5
- New downgrader code implemented. Several Firmware optimizations.
- Misc optimizations.
Note: When downgrading you may in some cases loose saved data on the PS3 HDD.
Flash your Eclipse as you normally would.
After you have completed the downgrading procedure as described below you must reflash your Eclipse with the standard firmware.
- Prepare a blank USB memory stick with only 2 files inside: Lv2Diag.self (file 1) and the modified 3.41 PUP file.
These must be in the root of the memory stick. No other file must be present.
- Insert the Eclips3 with the downgrade firmware in your console.
- Turn on the PS3 using the standard sequence; Remove power (or power plug) from the PS3,insert Eclips3 into USB port, power on, then quickly press eject.
After a very short while the PS3 will power off.
- Turn on the PS3 to confirm that it is in Service Mode. You should see a red box on the screen saying Factory Service Mode.
(If you are using a component cable the image might be garbled). Turn off the PS3 and remove Eclips3.
- Insert the USB memory stick with the 2 files on in the "right USB port" of the PS3 and turn it on.
The screen will be black, but the LED on the PS3 will blink.
- Wait for approximately 3 minutes. In the end the PS3 power button will flash green and then the PS3 will turn off.
Wait 3 minutes for the system to install the old FW, towards the end the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
- Remove the USB memory stick and turn on the PS3. It will still be in service mode. you can now verify that it has been downgraded to v3.41. If you wish
to downgrade to an earlier firmware you can do so now, there is no need to use modified custom PUP when the firmware has already been downgraded to 3.41.
- Insert USB drive in PC, delete the 2 files, and copy LV2Diag.self (file 2) to it.
- Insert USB memory stick and power on the PS3. After approximately 10 seconds it will power off.
- Remove the USB memory stick and power on the PS3. The procedure is now complete.
help please! my eclipse updater says 'eclipse not connected' but my eclipse is on usb!