PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

 
 
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    So it is no longer possible to obtain the eboot from the ps3 side, is there a way i can do it on the pc side of things?
    Not a decrypted one, no. Short of of course, already having a development self, however its rare that a debug game leaks out.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Not a decrypted one, no. Short of of course, already having a development self, however its rare that a debug game leaks out.
    So your saying if i could happen across a dev game or beta copy i could take and modify the eboot for that particular game? Can I take the eboot of one game and use it on another?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    So your saying if i could happen across a dev game or beta copy i could take and modify the eboot for that particular game? Can I take the eboot of one game and use it on another?
    Well, not totally - assuming the dev version of the game is final, you could then use it to remaster the retail game - to play back ONLY on a dev kit. Alas no, the Eboot of the game is essentially the games "code", so they are not interchangeable.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well, not totally - assuming the dev version of the game is final, you could then use it to remaster the retail game - to play back ONLY on a dev kit. Alas no, the Eboot of the game is essentially the games "code", so they are not interchangeable.
    Is there a way to hex edit the eboot to remove the layers of encryption?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    Is there a way to hex edit the eboot to remove the layers of encryption?
    No, there is not. Depending on the Self, most are first compressed, then encrypted - which makes it impossible to just reverse without knowing the algorithm, compression scheme, and keys.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    No, there is not. Depending on the Self, most are first compressed, then encrypted - which makes it impossible to just reverse without knowing the algorithm, compression scheme, and keys.
    is there a pc application like the eboot dumper that you created cjpc that would do the same job?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Alas no - you need the PS3 to get a decrypted EBOOT, with very few exceptions (like a debug bd-r).

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    744
    how do you get the ps3 to give me a decrypted eboot?
    Last edited by shummyr; 12-12-2009 at 08:50 PM

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    how do you get the ps3 to give me a decrypted eboot?
    Like idone said earlier, you only can under FW 2.10, and for games compiled under FW 2.10 by a memory dump, after that, we are all kind of out of luck.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    744
    ok thanks CJPC, and thanks to you and all the other devs for your help.

 
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

 
 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •