Here is a brief update from the E3 Team on PS3 Firmware 4.60, as follows:
The E3TEAM verification, the latest firmware 4.60 increases the new verification mechanism on 3K console. E3TEAM are looking for solutions, the E3 ODE PRO user on 3k console temporarily don't upgrade firmware 4.60.
I'm new to the whole playstation modding scene. I just downgraded my PS3 to 3.55, and now I'm just completely confused. I've been reading through info on custom firmwares and modded firmwares for a few days and it's only served to leave me even more confused.
Firstly let me explain my setup as it is, and then explain my goals.
Mod: E3 Dual-Boot Mod
PS3 Firmware: 3.55 OFW
E3 NOR Firmware: 3.55 OFW
PS3 HDD: 160GB
E3 HDD: 2TB
Mod: E3 Dual-Boot Mod
PS3 Firmware: X.XX O/C/MFW (Access to PSN)
E3 NOR Firmware: X.XX C/MFW (whichever suits my intent better)
PS3 HDD: PSN Downloaded Games
E3 HDD: Copy all my disc Games. Plus some kind of video player that supports subtitles and Samba (Windows File Sharing- PS3's media server options are very disappointing)
Question 1: What's the best CFW or MFW to flash to the E3 given my intent
Question 2: Once a C/MFW is Flashed what's the next step towards my goal
Question 3: I intend only to use the PS3 flashed Firmware to go online is there a safe custom or modified firmware capable of this or will i have to move to the latest OFW
Question 4: Best Backup Manager to use (given that all backups will be run from the E3 Firmware Harddrive)
Question 5: Is Showtime the only Media Center option?
Red flashing light after getting 10001100 error (E3Flasher)
Hi guys, my first post here
PS3 FAT 40 GB
If you need more data let me know
Well, I did the update and it went well then I was about making the first dump and I got 10001100 in the blue lights. I opened my Ps3 again to adjust the NOR clip with some pression and I even filled a bit the sides of the clip.
I'm turning the Ps3 on and the ventilator starts going insanely fast and immediately I hear 3 "PI"s and a red light flashing (when I turn on the console it gets to reach the photosensitive epilepsy warning).
Now, it happens everytime I turn on the console. I though it could just be overheating but it's too coincidental... I don't know . What should I do?, sold instead of using NOR clip?, sold only SBE nor trisate?
Welcome aboard overloadfull and I moved your post to our ongoing E3 product support thread
Also from the E3 Team, roughly translated:
We remind E3 ODE PRO users, 4K 4.55 double guide way still applies to 4K 4.60. User can play all PS3 games through the combination of 2.0 and 2.0B.
In addition , the second generation E3 ODE PRO are tense testing. E3TEAM continued efforts in R & D , hope to add more new features , allowing users to get a better experience. The new E3 ODE PRO will be available in 1-2 months, please please look forward to.
I actually had this question recently myself as I too was getting ready to buy one. The answer I got with a helpful tutorial from playerkp420 was no using the noFSM Method.
That what I was told to do and it worked great. Downgraded 2 PS3's that way:
noFSM METHOD - No FSM dongle needed, and will not format your HDD
1. After making your backups continue here and leave your PS3 on. There is no need to reboot. If you patched your dump with the validation guide in Chapter 1, you can skip to step 8.
2. Download PS3 Flash Tool v4.55.rar (https://www.mediafire.com/?m4rz9g7bgds608i) if your PS3 is on OFW 4.55. Or download PS3 Flash Tool v4.60.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5...Tool_v4.60.rar) if your PS3 is on OFW 4.60. Using the one for your firmware version, will allow your PS3 to boot to the XMB. You can still use either if on a lower OFW, but will boot to a recovery screen instead. Where you can install the CFW from there. So doesn't really matter what version you use.
3. Extract to Desktop or where ever you like.
4. Put your bkpps3.bin in the PS3 Flash Tool folder.
5. Drag and drop the bkpps3.bin onto ps3_dump_tool.exe
6. The program will open, validate (Hopefully you already validated above. But at least this may tell you if you missed something.), and ask if you want to patch it. Say yes and wait for it to apply the patches.
7. Now there will be a new file named bkpps3_NOR_patched.bin.
8. Delete all files from your sd card and put the bkpps3_NOR_patched.bin on it, renamed to bkpps3.bin
9. Put the sd card in the flasher.
10. Put all switches down on flasher. And press the red reset button under the esata plug on the faceplate.
11. Press start on flasher, and wait for blue leds to light up 1 by 1. When done lights will alternate flash. [You will need the blu ray drive and the HDD, attached for the next steps. So if you are going to remove the flasher, now would be the time to do so. Rebuild and change the thermal compound, with Artic Silver 5.]
12. Reboot PS3 from XMB or simply turn it on.
13. On boot you should see "please connect controller screen" (If your PS3 is on OFW 4.55 and you patched to 4.55, or on 4.60 and patched to 4.60 you will boot to the XMB. You can Install 4.55 CFW or later of your choice [for easier changing CFWs later on, I strongly suggest using the 3.55_Rogero_Dowgrader_RSOD.PUP (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rdxk89z5tf3kajz), and finish the rest of the guide] from XMB -> Settings -> System Update)
14. If you were on any other OFW than 4.55 and get the "please connect controller screen" then CONNECT THE CONTROLLER!
15. Put 4.55 CFW or later of your choice [for easier changing CFWs later on, I strongly suggest using the 3.55_Rogero_Dowgrader_RSOD.PUP (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rdxk89z5tf3kajz), and finish the rest of the guide] of your choice on your flash drive like this:
If you are on OFW 4.55, you have to install 4.55 CFW or a CFW that syscon is changed to a higher version. If you are on OFW 4.55, use 4.55 CFW or higher. I strongly suggest using 3.55_Rogero_Dowgrader_RSOD.PUP (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rdxk89z5tf3kajz), then continue with Qa Flag and Installing OFW 3.55. Then update to any CFW. This will make for easier downgrading back to 3.55 or switching CFWs later. Qa Flag can not be enabled on 4.50, 4.53, or 4.55.
WARNING: If Minimum version checker said your PS3 can only go to 3.56, Do not use rogero downgrader. Use this REBUG 4.46.1 REX with syscon changed to 9.99 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/z0...X_PS3UPDAT.PUP). Then install Rebug toolbox from Package Manager>Install Package Files>PS3 Hard Disk. Open the toolbox and go all the way right, and enable Qa flag.
Get either Rogero 4.55 v1.00 from here, or REBUG 4.46.1 LITE or REX CFW, or Habib 4.60 or REBUG 4.53.3U REX COBRA. Always download CFWs from a trusted place and check the md5s of any firmware you are going to install, with this tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1d....0.1_FINAL.zip
16. Insert into the right usb port of the PS3 and follow the on screen instructions, hold start and select. Or install from XMB system update if the PS3 was on OFW 4.55.
17. You will now boot to CFW.
18. If you went straight to 4.50, 4.53, or 4.55 CFW, Install the CFW again from System Update in the XMB. This will fill both ros0 and ros1 in the flash, to the same version. I have experienced some errors, when not installing the CFW 2 times. And is why I suggest using the downgrader pup and continuing with Qa Flag, etc...