E-UAE v0.8.25 R3 - Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 Arrives
Today an Amiga Emulator Port by Ole for PS3 dubbed E-UAE v0.8.25 R3 has arrived, which is compiled by the PSL1GHT SDK and libraries and includes source code and followed by some revisions below courtesy of MickJT.
Download: E-UAE v0.8.25 R3 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 / E-UAE v0.8.25 R3 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 (Source Code) / E-UAE v0.8.29 R1 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 / E-UAE v0.8.29 R3 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 / E-UAE v0.8.29 R3 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 (Source Code) / E-UAE v0.8.29 WIP4 R6 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 / E-UAE v0.8.29 WIP4 R6 Amiga Emulator Port for PS3 (Source Code)
From the included ReadMe file:
E-UAE 0.8.25 for PS3 release 3
- compiled by using psl1ght sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the 'docs' subdirectory, here
you are reading the ps3 port info.
- 68000, 68010, 68020 processor cores
- OCS, ECS and AGA chipset
- amiga hi-res (720x576) graphics resolution in 32bit depth
- joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
- simple options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
- sound in 48000 kHz
- keyboard emulation
- support for loading zip and dms floppy images
- reads either /dev_usb000/uae/uae.cfg or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/UAE.CFG configuration during startup!
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
- uae.cfg either in /dev_usb000/uae/ or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/ directory (sample UAE.CFG included)
- kickstart rom - see docs/readme
- press R2 to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release R2 to hide it. If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current key. Press the 'up' digital pad button to actually simualte key press of the current key. L1, L2, R1 ann CIRCLE buttons are user defined keys. If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button and press R1 to define R1 button.
- joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
- joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) - if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to "joy-1 & joy-2" in the options dialog.
- left analog pad emulates the mouse movement. You can speed-up the mouse movement in the options dialog.
- CROSS - joystick button 1
- SQUARE - mouse button 1
- TRIANGLE - mouse button 2
- press Start to enter application menu, here you can load ADF files.
- press CIRCLE to exit the application menu
- The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file
you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial
floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.).
- Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either usb disk or internal disk.
Credits and thanks:
- UAE team and porters.
- RCDRUMMOND for E-UAE
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
- options dialog has more space for filenames
- added support for uae.cfg stored on hdd
- initial release
More PlayStation 3 News...
I had the Amega 500 with the fatter angus, then the amega 3000, with a 68040 chip not the 30. This is wicked news for the old amega lovers, thanks.
Do you know of a TI99/4A port yet? as that was my 1st 16bit home computers, 30 years ago, I would love to play again with that old basic stuff.
Wow this is awesome! I can't wait to install this on my ps3.
Sorry I have to add this, because at the time of having an Amiga I loved and found it great how the creates of the Amiga found time to add some fun to their motherboards, and the names they used, please take a wee moment to have a read here.
Once again thanks for bringing this wicked memory back. ow an the ST was not bad.
yeah, some of us old-timers find this one of the greatest things on the PS3, really cool; now to play some Shadow of the Beast and Out of this World...
02-06-2011 #6Banned User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
I couldnt get it working. It installs but when I run it, it does nothing, just jumps straight back to XMB.
I edited the CFG file to point to the ADF and the ROM so not sure whats wrong?
Oh man, good memories when all my school mates wanted to study Sensible Soccer at my house, i had two arcade joysticks books for them to hold, it was hours of hard studies at my Amiga 600...
A lot of reports that this doesn't work on NTSC consoles.
Have you got the kickstart rom?
02-06-2011 #10Banned User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009