PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Looks like japanese devs hide it here
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

eboot.jpg  

This program (almost) converts the english dungeon.dat to the modified Japanese one. Just need to set up the footer and the number of iterations now.

[Register or Login to view code]

If the other dats all follow a similar pattern, it will be over in a couple days. But i assume the really big ones do not.

Oh, thanks, that's really smart, you're the man, hehe!

I can say, in talk.bin, the middle section, "main" - section has the same layout. You can see headers, pointers and message IDs with naked eye.

It's definetly +Rep

I can probably give zukan a shot after I go through the tutorial.

OK guys, we have a big problem. While manually translating the dungeon.dat, i got to offset 2670 which is Evility Keeper. But on offset 26D0 the japanese dungeon.dat lists "Mao no Heya" - Mao's Room.

In the english dungeon.dat the Evility Keeper is listed at offset 2E40, then we have a huge amount of trash code, then it resumes to the previous pattern at offset 3180 with "Basic Controls". (Which basically made my program useless at this point).

Either way, the 2 version start diverging in translation order there. We may have to check if the other files also have those divergences (they likely do).

Thank you Tidus. This was the last thing I missed. Is it possible to rebuilt this eboot.bin (I hope it is)?

A script whould be a really good thing and save a LOT of work. Now that the menu can be translated (?). Is there any thing left which is important?

Dialog, skills, Items, Dark Assembly, dungeons,names, info texts and menus

Got my setup working and a streamlined way of doing it in notepad++

Beginning work on Zukan.dat now

Dungeon.dat done.

Finished manual edit of Dungeon .dat. The desyncs happenned because NISA removed some parts from the original game. I translated them. They were:

マオの部屋 - Mao no Heya - Mao's Room

魔王城 - Maou Shiro - Overlord's Castle

魔王城(超勇者)玉座ED - Maou Shiro (Chou Yuusha) Gyoukuza ED - Overlord's Castle (Super Hero) Throne ED. I had to reduce the size of the translation since it didn't fit, and left it as Overlord's Castle(S.Hero)Thr.ED.

魔王城(超勇者)玉座 - Maou Shiro (Chou Yuusha) Gyoukuza - Overlord's Castle (Super Hero) Throne. I had to reduce the size of the translation since it didn't fit, and left it as Overlord's Castle(S.Hero) Throne.

ココロの中(コンセント) - Kokoro no Naka (KONSENTO) - Inside the Heart (Consent)

I'll start working on the nameplate.dat next.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For some reason, the changes to zukan.dat are not manifesting. I even played up until you get to create characters and the info still isn't showing up. I know I'm doing everything correctly because I was able to successfully modify the char.dat file.

Any other file I should work on until someone a bit more skilled checks out zukan?

Zukan means index/reference book in Japanese. The changes you made should be listed in a place like that i think, not in the character creation menu.

I haven't tested my changes either, i'll check and see in a min. if the changes to Dungeon did something at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 89101959 ... LastLast