any way to play this on 3.41?
any way to play this on 3.41?
Any updates on this?
No new updates yet.
But I have an idea. Maybe it's only important to translate some parts of the eboot. Like the descriptions of the two portals in the item world, the names of the upgradable character stats (movement, counterattacks etc.), some attributes and of course the main menu (in fights). We should take photos of the most important menus and then look for their counterparts in the eboot.
I can't read japanese but I know what the most menus do/mean. There's so little left what needs to be done to make this game fully playable.
What do you think?
Last edited by Tobster7; 02-24-2012 at 02:34 PM
The game has been fully playable for quite some time now. I agree though, the item, and character world menus, as well as the battle menus shoulld be the first priority. Most other things that are still untranslated aren't terribly important.
Either variant is good for me, if it's needed to translate basic functions further - no prob, some nasty eboot hacking and we're done!
Have to hear more opinions though.
I took some photos of the most important menus. It's not complete of course. There're other important things to work on later.
Sorry for my gorilla-style photo editing.
Here's my suggestion for the translation process:
1. Translate this stuff
2. Finding their counterparts in the eboot.elf and replace it
3. Test it
4. Fixing it, if necessary (word replacement, trimming etc.)
5. Take new photos of the next most important stuff and repeat the process
After two cycles the most important things should be translated.
Last edited by Tobster7; 02-27-2012 at 12:30 PM
Alright, here's my first (dirty) translation of the files. I'm not sure about the Dark Assembly moods.
I can't read japanese, so please don't blame me if something isn't right or switched. It's made only by my gaming experience of Disgaea 4.
If you can read japanese then please correct it.
Thanks for you hard work!!!
Hmm for battle JPG (my japanese is not really good so hope it is not wrong)
- およそ = Approximately
- ターゲットを指定してください = please select a target
- 無 = none
- 命中率 = accuracy rate
- ステータス = status
- あと10人 = 10 person remains
- 装備 = equipment
- 並び替え = sorting
- 詳細ステータス = Status detail
Sorry I only know these words.
Okay, tried digging eboot, the things there are so scattered through out, so trying to find something and translating it can result in translating everything... Is it good or bad?
Anyways, translating the part when "Enhancing movement, throw, counter, etc.." and level names
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?