I'm trying to contribute on my own and I got the NISUnpack. However, I cant seem to unpack anything with this. I tried to click on it, nothing happens, and when I try to use command prompt, I get an error saying unable to access jarfile NISUnpack.jar. I'm new to all this and if there is a thread stating the basics, I'd appreciate. Also, for using the command line """" java -jar NISUnpack.jar -LE [FILE] """"", which file do I put there? And do I need the file location description in it? (i.e. C:\Users\Microsoft\Desktop)
I looked on it, figured which words were names, pointers and manually replaced. The problem wit "blind-pasting" is character spacing. US files has approx. the same amount of text, but there's a lot more "00 00 00" between chars or lines.
It's a proof, that it can be done.
Hey, I could paste the whole USA name.bin without errors in START.bin but not all names are changed. Maybe those names are in a different bin.
haha, great work! Seems like the main storyline heroes' names are in the different dat.
Menawhile, I made an illustration for START.DAT format. Checkout it in the attachments.
Seems like a last 4 bytes (CRC?) are useless (because we made a straight copy-paste in some files and it works)
Maybe now we can finally create a .DAT packer (filling CRC's like a random numbers). Bakaboy can you help us?
EDIT: Okay guys, I'm gonna have a shot of whisky for celebration of the sucess of this project and a have a sleep
Thanks everyone for support and help.
If you edited something and it worked, please give us info:
1) start end ending offsets in Start.DAT
2) filename of file which you have blindly pasted (in case of blind paste) or a piece of code which you have edited (in hex format) in case of manual edit.
Together we can achieve the goal!
Attached is a simple program that will dump all files inside a folder into a "DAT" file. Two things:
1. It will not generate the "CRC" bytes.
2. It will not add them to the DAT in the same sequence as the original DAT file from Disgaea.
What needs to be tested is to pack the original Japanese BG.DAT or START.DAT extracted files using the packer and then try if the created DAT file will still work with Disgaea. I can't test it at the moment as I'm at "work".
I will test your data Bakaboy!
It works! Yoo hoo!
Bakaboy Your Data worked OMG!
I will try changing files!!!