Alexmagno, I've attached some pages before decrypted eboot with some of mine translations (in most of it - menus and settings), you can start from that, so you won't begin from the whole beginning. Moerover, fail0verflow's tools extract elf with corrupted header, I've fixed that.
And if this would help, WindHex can dump the text info.
From the mine side, I'll write a 1-click patcher (mostly you can count it as D4Pack GUI), because creating self-installation packages is a pain and later it would be major pain because of different versions. Also this way we can minimize the file size.
EDIT: Don't get me wrong, but I think, while Alexmagno is busy translating, there's no point for me and Tobster7 to do just sit and wait.
I think, after I'll do one-click "unpack-replace-repack" we should make an announcement for an alpha version or what it is - with modified START.DAT and eboot (partially translated by me).
It won't be anything big - since Tobster already uploaded modified files, I would just make an automatic program to handle them. Anyone who knows how to use command-line and has java installed - has already have this "alpha version", so there's no point holding back.
Don't think I'm in rush or in a hurry, but I think this would be the best way - community gives us feedback, Tobster and me will fix bugs, while Alex could translate eboot without pressure
What's your opinion?
Offtopic: can anyone skilled in photoshop create a "banner" or "image" for patching program?
Dimensions: 385x130 px, Disgaea 4 theme-based
Last edited by Tidusnake666; 09-21-2011 at 05:44 AM
Why not. We should do it! As long Alexmagno is doing the translation work we should bugfixing what we have done so far. In this way we will get very well-engineered beta. But you should mention explicitly that this an alpha not the beta.
Here's a banner I made (we don't have to use it if you dislike it).
Awesome banner but IMO it should read "translated" or "custom" as opposed to "hacked". Just throwing it out there. + rep to you guys though, this is awesome!
EDIT: I also made version without prinnies.
Alright I made another one. But hacked is a lot shorter (and sounds better) than "translated". But I'm open for everything and flexible!
EDIT: Another one making the Disgaea logo more the center of the picture. By the way can write in what ever we want (hacked, translated ...)
Looks good Tobster7.
Here is my design, it may not be as good as tobster's, but I might as well show it to you guys.
The last one of yours is the best imo, Tobster.
Edit: In fact I'm using it as the game icon for the patched version.
Last edited by castlevania; 09-21-2011 at 08:34 AM
Don't forget to resize the image to 320x176.
I made it this big so every resample / resize is possible at the highest quality. Like in real printing the master should be in highest resolution possible without any compression. By the way the 385x135 limit is really small. If we take 480x162 for the banner size everything will be much more crisper.
But Tidus is writing the patcher. He has the last word about it.