I'm so sorry I re tested them and it was magic.dat that froze at the ability upgrade section I misinformed you guys on accident. I was up very late and was tired >.> I'll be more astute in my feedback from now on. Other than that everything works great all the way to where I am in chapter 4. I used all patched files in this thread except magic.dat and shipparts.dat
I tried editing Eboot. There are real difficultie, caused by small space for eng. characters, I'm making abbreviations or literal translation, or some really bad things (like replacing "Warehouse" with "Storage" or "Stock")
In some places I really don't know how to translate, because the phrases can have quite a few meanings. Anyways, I'll try to finish menu and commands and settings tonight (actually, it'll be a noon in US)
If you rename "warehouse" to "storage" or "stock" the game will be totally unplayable for me
Kidding aside. Do what what ever it takes to get a working translation. I've had to shorten some lines too.
great job people and thanks a lot for your efforts!
Guys you don't have to be spot on in the translation, something that gives the player a brief idea of what's happening is good enough (for me at least).
...and keep up the good work guys
Personally, you could put "Wrhouse" for all I care
As long as it is understandable.
If everything was spot on and correct it just wouldn't feel like a Disgaea game.
Every game, so far, they've screwed up grammatically so many times... It'd make us feel like home with a few errors.
I have checked wish.dat up and down and tested it until Chapter 3. I say it woks. There's my final version of it. In total I altered 5 letters. Tomorrow you will get torture.dat.
Translated the Trophy data/info. Gonna need someone to test it out. Delete your previous trophy data before testing it.
Also found out that dis3_0.dat is the intro movie. You can swap it for the EN version if you want with no impact on the game.
The only difference between the 2 movies is a NIS Amercia Splash Screen at the start and the Game Logo.
Okay, I've made some edits to eboot, but have run into major problem of signing it.
Anyone who has time, please try decrypt and the encrypt back original eboot, to learn the methodics, then I'll share some edited.