PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Nope Maximum what can be achived - the first "Loading..." screen, where everything hangs.
    No luck messing with 1.60 Jap Update either ...

Seems like a dead end.

For anyone who interested - almost every file in jap and US version is identcal - the biggest difference - START.DAT file, which contains some textures and texts. US Start.DAT has 15 more files then JAP one (when decompressed).

Who wants to try - you're welcome

This is correct. The JAP Start.bin contains 450 and the US Start.bin 462 files. How do you repack them to complete .dat files? I use NISUnpack.jar to unpack it but I don't have any tools to put them back together. Here is my suggestion:

You use the japanese version of the game as the base version and replace every data in the every dat file with the english ones if possible. You should get a "more translated" version of the japanese game. It's not perfect but I think it whould be playable. The other way around with the english as base will not be possible.

How do I put the unpacked files together to .dat files?

The same question, that bothered me. I couldn't do it. If there could be a way, then with trial and error we could possibly create something.

I have tried using a japanese version as a base one, and replace only US Start.dat. Theoretically, as US Start.dat has more files, there shouldn't be a problem, but in practice we have a never-ending loading loop

There was an loading/black screen error with White Knight Chronicles™ which I can/could (WIP) fix. So I'm going to grab that two games (USA & ASiA) and see what I can do.

oVERSoLDiER

For the japanese version of Disgaea 4 you have to download the Caravan release (because it runs on cfw 3.55). Do not use the Asia release (ofw 3.66). I can give you mediafire links for the japanese Version if you like?

Hey people,

I just wanna thank you for working on a solution to run this awesome game.

If you're really able to get this game working, I would like to donate something for your epic work.

Keep the good work up!

Well, good luck!

If it's possible, keep us informed about what you're doing - I can jump in and help

Oh, I can say - I conquered black screen so far:

1) Grab Japanese version as a base - BJLS10095
    2) Replace START.DAT (BJLS10095\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\data\START.DAT) with an US equivalent one (BLUS30727)
    3) Game starts, reminds about update (ignore it, as it's 3.60), - game goes to loading screen, few minutes it loads something (external HDD blinks), after a few moments HDD stops to blink, but the "Loading..."
    screen continues infinitely

It's the closest I could get, trying diffirent variations.

.DAT files can be unpacked via NISUnpacker, and further decrypted with NISDecomp.

Good luck, I'll try to play with asia version too.

So the target is to make out of the Disgaea 4 ASiA (<3.55 EBOOT.BIN) an English version with the new iMARS release ? From where did you get the unpacker and decrypter ?

NISUnpack grab here: http://www.propl.nl/javaprogs/NISUnpack.jar

usage:
    java -jar NISUnpack.jar -LE [FILE]
    NISDECOMP here: http://www.propl.nl/random/NISDecmp.zip

Yes, it would seem as the most logical option here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1231252 ... LastLast