CVOS v3.1 BETA Arrives, Recover Your Bricked PS3 Console
Today nesi_tor at DemonHades Forum (linked above) has released CVOS v3.1 BETA homebrew application, which allows users to recover bricked PS3 consoles.
Download: CVOS v3.1 BETA for PS3
To quote, roughly translated: Features
- Check and analyze the dump correcting the flaws that have this and thus repairing the internal firmware of our PS3.
- It can extract the various files that make up the core of our PS3 (read lv2_kernel.self, eurusfw.bin, etc...).
- Lets look at both full NAND Dumps as desenciptados CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg packages provided to analyze your files.
- Finds and extracts the User Profile (EID, bootloaders, etc) the dump interlaced with the flow rebuilder.
What you need:
- Full Dump and PS3 NAND memory unit, Version 3.55
More PlayStation 3 News...
good to know for future mistakes, and those who already bricked!
Just because I haven't bricked my PS3 doesn't mean this isn't one of my favorite bits of news yet. It's insurance baby..
This is awesome! Does this work on other FW versions or just 3.55?
This sounds good... but I have no idea how to use it lol...
What's needed "Full Dump and PS3 NAND memory unit"... What does this mean?
Does it work through FTP or someting?
Great news thanks, but i'm in the same spot don't know what the hell am i suposed to do with this thing...
for all of these programs that are out for the ps3 not one has the ablitly to get my info off of my internal hdd of my ps3 that has yellow lights of death. i have another ps3 but it a slim and not sure how to do this.. am i missing somthing here, does this program do this?
We should seriously get an application like the xbox1 for reading the nand off our ps3s for future backup. But then again we have to wire anyway to write back the backup...
i hope there will someday a easy usb method to unbrick a console, but i'm pretty sure this will take a year or more to get in concept...