- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Custom GameBoots Tool and PS3 Tutorial by Brunolee is Released
Following up on his previous releases, PlayStation 3 developer brunolee made available a Custom GameBoots Tool and PS3 Tutorial with details below.
PS3_Custom_GameBoots.rar / PS3_Custom_GameBoots.rar (Mirror) / PS3_Custom_GameBoot_FW470.rar by francesco.lanzillotta
To quote: I wrote a batch to facilitate the creation of gameboots.
- Creates gameboots for various CFWs (3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50, 4.53, 4.55)
- Creates installation forms (ZIP, PKG) or manual
- Etc. ...
PS3 Tutorial How to Create a GameBoot using Custom GameBoots Tool - Sorry my English!
Using Custom GameBoots tool for first time:
1. double click on "Custom GameBoots.bat"
2. will open a little Image software - edit the image (do not change the name "gameboot", extension ".png", dimensions "512x54")
3 will open a "CFW Gameboot MENU" pop-up - choose to which CFW the gameboot shall be (3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50, 4.53, 4.55) - The option " Create gameboot package" redirect to "Install Gameboot MENU"
4. will open a "Install Gameboot MENU" pop-up - choose the way you want to install the gameboot
ZIP: will create a .zip to install with multiMAN - double click on multiMAN/MMOS
PKG: will create a .pkg to install the tool "Custom GameBoots" ("XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer" litlle mod) if select this way, will open a pop-up "Gameboot NAME", type a name and click OK.. have the option to create or not PKG, in this way it is possible to create a collection of gameboots without creating always PKGs, choose the gameboot you want with "Custom GameBoots"
Manually: "Custom GameBoots.bat" leave the "custom_render_plugin.rco" in his directory until next use. Just copy "custom_render_plugin.rco" to [dev_flash/vsh/resource/] with any fileManager
Not being the First time:
1. edit or pre/edit "gameboot.png" with your favorite Image software, and put your "gameboot.png" "512x54" in "Custom GameBoots.bat" directory
2. double click on "Custom GameBoots.bat"
3. (same as above)
4. (same as above)
Finally, from francesco.lanzillotta: Hi, I wanted to share with you all the application PS3 Custom for Custom Firmware 4.70 for the developer Brunolee, we have just added support for the latest firmware available (linked above) followed by an PS3 XMB Mod Manager 4.70 update by brunolee as well.
More PlayStation 3 News...