Cobra USB - PS3 Dongle Runs Blu-ray & PS1 iSOs and PSP Minis
Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which is being marketed by Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOPA) and features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
- ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
- ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
- ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
- ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
- ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
- ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
- Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
- Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
- Play PS3 games from internal HDD
- MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
- First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
- No need to open your console, just plug and play
- High quality components and materials used throughout
- Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
- Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
- Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
- High quality onboard MCU
- Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
- Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
- Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
More PlayStation 3 News...
there's no proof anywhere this thing even works let alone a single retailer or release date.
OMG... why do they not use NTFS now the library has been released?
With the PS3 already being wide open, why would people PAY for something that will end up being FREE like the rest of the PS JailBreak and PS Downgrade "exclusive" features anyway?
As always, once it gets into the hands of PS3 hackers these new features will end up being ported to existing JailBreak methods, CFW, etc.
can't wait for an free solution for this, region free bluray/dvd and psx support and psp mini is awsome.
that's pretty sweet. Only 1 problem... I'm not going back to 3.41. I hate messing with eboots. Sorry cobra, you're a few months late.
Looks pretty sweet but not worth buying.
A little... lets say 5 months too late.
Being able to play PSX games would be pretty nice.
It's interesting to see 'companies' release dongles used for new useful functions, but many of these will end up in homebrew loaders and CFW eventually. I think we will inevitably see this kind of functionality ported to 3.55/3.60.
Tags for this Thread