Cobra Manager v4.0.1 and GenPS3iSO v2.0 Updates Arrive
Below are Cobra Manager v4.0.1 and GenPS3iSO v2.0 updates, with the changes as follows:
- Small update to Cobra USB Manager and genps3iso to fix an important bug. No firmware update.
- Under certain circumnstances, Cobra USB manager and genps3iso would output an incorrect PS3 iso. This bug only affected a few games. In Cobra USB Manager, this bug only happened when creating an ISO from a PS3 game in jailbreak directory format, it didn't happen when dumping an ISO from an optical disc.
Note: If you get a corrupt data icon when installing Cobra USB Manager v4.0.1 revert back to version 4.0 for the time being.
Cobra Manager v4.0.1 (fixed) 13-10-2011
- Cobra USB Manager 4.0.1 download was corrupted, and it has now been fixed.
Cobra USB Firmware and Manager Update v4.1 and PS3 Updater v1.0
More updates below, with the changes as follows:
- New firmware update, mainly focused on improving PSP support.
- Improved compatibility with psp games. Some of the games that crashed early now run.
- Added support for PSP savedata. Please note that in the previous release, savedata worked for isos that were generated from psp minis games. However, those savedata are incompatible with this new firmware. You can see psp savedatas under the ps3 savedata section in the XMB, not under the minis one. If savedata still doesn't work in some game, please send us a message to our support email address.
- Cobra USB Manager will now give an error when trying to load a prometheus patched PSP iso, as those aren't compatible with the PSP emulator.
- Added Cobra USB PS3 Updater to the download section. With this tool you can update the dongle using the PS3, require Cobra Firmware 4.0+ to work. Refer to the manual for instructions.
Cobra PS3 Firmware v4.2, MultiMAN Cobra Manager v03.00.00 Out
Today Cobra PS3 Firmware v4.2 is released for those who own the USB dongle alongside MultiMAN PlayStation 3 Backup Cobra USB Manager v03.00.00 below.
Download: Cobra PS3 Firmware v4.2 Update / multiMAN Cobra Manager v03.00.00 (dongle required) / multiMAN Emulator Pack (SNES GENP FCEU FBAN VBAN - 49.96 MB)
- mmCM 03.00.00 (3108 PS3 Covers, 2020 PS2 Covers) (showTIME, ps3SERV)
- PS3SERV PC app: To be used with mmCM file manager /net_host# network folders.
- SHOWTIME PLAYER: Included as SHOWTIME.SELF in mmCM USRDIR/sys folder to enable playback of video files
- BROWSER.SELF: Standalone WWW/FTP application
Condorstrike from Tortuga-Cove.com believes deank is not working for the Cobra USB Team and has stated the following on the IRC logs below discussing it:
"We don't have confirmation on that, truth be told... we haven't spoken to Dean in a while, he did tell me a while back that he was going away for a while.
So from my understanding as far as I know, this is Team Cobra's app using Multiman's open source project... so for now, I'd say it's not Dean."
Update: The man himself deank has now made an official statement on the merging of multiMAN and Cobra.
Also, Team Cobra have released a quick update to mmCM to fix a minor bug that was present in mounting PSP ISOs without a disc in the drive. mmCM v03.00.01 update is available now ONLINE ONLY to Cobra USB users via the intergrated update system.
[Abkarino] deank had joind cobra team?
[eussNL] Cobra ~=~ TrueBlue
[eussNL] so if it supports the replaced sub_28fe30 and new section 0x80000000007f0000 that Cobra uses, it means Trueblue support is around the corner...
[middleman] i see deank sold out eh, that mustve been the big news tortuga was talking about
[TehRuler] no wonder he's been hiding
[middleman] yeah, went in hiding to make multiman for cobra, blah
Finally, below are the changes, as follows:
- Added MultiMan for Cobra in the download section.
- Support for games with split files.
- Bugfix: special keys of bdremote weren't working in showtime.
Multiman for Cobra changelog:
- Full ISO and CUE+BIN support (incl. create ISO from folder)
- Full Cobra support (PSX, PS2, PSP, PS3, ISO, BIN, CUE, BDM, DVD)
- PSP UMD game support when PSP connected in USB+UMD mode
- Support for *.0/.31, *.001/.032, *.66600/.66631 split file formats
- Join split files in file manager (select and copy the first file to get the rest joined)
- Mount ISO files in File Manager (to browse/copy contents)
- New display mode "XBDM" - XBOX Dash Clone
- Support for games with split big files (from external hdd)
- BD/DVD Region options in SETTINGS column
- Support for PS2 game covers (OPL format, i.e. SLES_123.45_COV.JPG) in /covers_retro/psx (over 2000 covers included)
- Integrated Dongle Updater (in mmCM XMMB column)
- Option to turn on blue/green dongle leds or turn them off completely
- Integrated PSX, PS2 and PSP database for names and IDs (over 13000 entries) (for PSX/PS2 discs and PSP ISO/UMD files)
Finally, puchin has made available a VSH.Self Patched for Cobra 3.55 based on the Cobra 3.55 original and details on how it was done below, as follows:
Unself the vsh.self (try using MAGIC PKG 1.0), then HexEdit the vsh.ELF and replace the 8 bytes at the following addresses:
[Register or Login to view code]
Then use self_rebuilder (also available in Make PKG 1.0), to rebuild the vsh.self
Drag and drop the original vsh.self and the edited vsh.elf
I take no responsibility for any damage or brick of your console... I'm just passing the info.
More PlayStation 3 News...
If its true that he has joined them then its good that he will be getting some financial reward for his hard work so far.
Let's just hope with the Cobra financial assets don't come their liabilities for deank... Max Louarn of Cobra, aka MAXiMiLiEN of Paradox and owner of Divineo, Supreme Factory and Max Console that scammer (reocities.com/hollywood/heights/8442/) Gary Wayne Bowser aka GaryOPA currently runs was involved in some nasty schemes before, for example:
In what is the biggest single case of telephone calling-card theft, an employee of MCI Communications was charged last week with stealing some 60,000 card numbers from MCI and other long-distance companies that were subsequently used to make at least $50 million worth of long-distance calls, according to the Secret Service, the Federal agency that investigates interstate telephone fraud.
Some Related Links:
- Paul Owen (con-artist and scene profiteer behind NeoTechnologies, TrueBlue, Xecuter, etc)
wtf is this??? I can't believe we lost great person in ps3 homebrew scene, so what is next? no more updates for non cobra users? man this sucks...
Still i have high respect for Deank as many others, all best Deank and thx for all
Some people on IRC are speculating that he won't keep updating the free (no dongle) multiMAN, but others say he will and it may just be a Cobra fork in the multiMAN source code: http://code.google.com/p/multiman/source/checkout
I guess time will tell for sure... here is to hoping he continues to keep the PS3 homebrew scene free and open-source though.
well he knows what is best for him, but with TB and Cobra *you need to pay to play what should be free anyway* i would not be suprised with his decision.
Those fooked dongle. Another great dev gone to the dark side. Again freaking dongles! Now i'm officially pissed off. Nice job deanr.
11-26-2011 #80Banned User
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
I also cannot believe that deank left (free) ps3 scene. His multiman was - still is a masterpiece. Shame he didn't include ps2 support like cobra has, or continue working on TB payload in multiman. Other than that, I too wish him all the best. He really gave us a lot, but didn't ask for anything. Maybe will deank remember us - multiman users from time to time.