Today magneto has made available the Cobra ODE 2.1 Public Beta with changelog below, as follows:
We are releasing a public beta for the 2.1 firmware which is soon to be released. This beta is for v4.20, v4.30 and v5.10 boards only. Unfortunately, we are still finalizing the FPGA images for v3.x boards. You can download the beta from here: v2.1_beta.rar
For v4 board users, make sure you flash both FPGA images correctly. For v5 board users, you MUST update to the 2.0 firmware before using this beta. If you did not update to 2.0 already, then the 2.0 firmware file is included in the beta archive.
Here is the changelog:
- FPGA1: Fix timing issues in AES core
- FPGA3: Improve stability
- Fix encryption issues causing 80010017 errors for v3, v4 and v5 boards
- Fix bypass method for MPX001 motherboards
- Fix crash when disc dumping finishes
- Fix issue when BD-RE disc is detected in drive
- Added support for bypass.delay option (default is 10000 in milliseconds)
- Enable mcu.underclock by default
- Set default manager type to browser
- Enable eject.on_selection by default
- Enable eject.add_menu by default
Small changes are required, the browser, eject on selection, eject add menu and underclock are enabled by default, so in order to disable them you would need to use : mcu.underclock=0 or eject.add_menu=0 for example in cobra.cfg
"Custom" Paid Content on OFW Tutorial by zecoxao (via tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28304#p28304)
Confirmed working tutorial. For this tutorial you'll require:
- A PS3 with OFW
- Activated account
- Bought Mini/Remaster/Psx Classic (Must be activated!)
- PSNStuff (Optional, but highly recommended)
- Edat Tool GUI
- mangoose by doobz (only if you want to run a psp game)
- method to overwrite /dev_hdd0/game (data transfer/ODDE)
1. Get an already activated content on PSN (this will be used as placeholder) and the correspondent rap (for OFW users, you have to find an alternative way to obtain it, as currently there is no access to the internal HDD in OFW. you can use psnstuff for this)
2. Get the pkg of the content you'll use as a replacer and fetch its rap aswell (you can use psnstuff for this, same as above)
3. Extract the pkg of the replacer and decrypt the edat(s) on it with its own rap (Optional-PSPtoPS3) If the replacer is a psp pkg, get the eboot and use mongoose on it
4. Reencrypt the edat(s) with the placeholder rap. in PSPtoPS3 case, encrypt the BINs.
5. Replace the edat(s) and eboot of the placeholder with the ones of the replacer (you can use ODDE for this with ftp/backup manager, or alternatively, you can use data transfer with the content in cfw)
6. Test your new game. It should boot.
EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE by Joonie86
Hi everyone, this is Joonie. I would like to introduce this useful tool for ODE users.
I've seen some EBOOT resigners for ODE that resolves the issue with 80010017 error due to the non-original eboot, but it seems that no resigners could resign self and sprx files for ODE users unless the files are renamed to EBOOT.BIN instead.
Lots of games like Cod, God of War, FFX 10/10-2 HD, has tones of files including EBOOT.BIN, *.SELFs and *.SPRXs needed to be resigned for lower FW to work with.
This tool can be useful for people who use lower FW version, but the game requires higher FW,
I think this is very helpful for 4k users who use OFW 4.53 but willing to play future release game that requires 4.55+ FW.
Some of games can't work without properly resigning all of those files if the game has been touched for CFW, or you're trying to convert PSN games to DISC type.
Games like Lost in the rain [PSN] does not work without resigning sprx files [it has about 26 files to be resigned as NO-DRM]
How to use:
1. unpack the zip file
2. choose the desired folder to resign each file
3. put the file you want to resign, if it's EBOOT.BIN put that inside EBOOT Resigner folder, if it's Self file then inside the self.
*it does not support multiple self / sprx files, so please do it one file at a time
4. run the batch file [EBOOT Resigner] [SELF Resigner] [SPRX Resigner]
5. it'll be automatically delete the original file and create new file that's resigned with 3.55's key in order for ODE to work.
*This tool originally had Chinese translated gui interface, but I removed it, if that's needed I can add it upon request.
Usage of EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE
1. Resolves the issue with the game due to the missing original EBOOT.BIN/*.SELF/*.SPRX [80010017 error fix]
2. Modded EBOOT.BIN to enable some cheat codes.
3. Homebrew/PSN pkg conversion to Disc type ISO file.
4. Lowering PS3 System software requirement from 4.XX to 3.55 [It can be very useful for 4k users who wish to stay on 4.53 but willing to play future release games]
*Regarding resigning npdrm psn pkg eboot/self/sprx. In order for those npdrm files to be resigned, first it has to be NO-DRM type, you can make those file "RAP" free by using True Anscestor Eboot Resigner 1.91. As long as it's NO-DRM EBOOT/SELF/SPRX, It should work with this resigner for ODE. Because this resigner does not support NPDRM files [requires RIF KEY]
1. Batch resign for multiple files. This resigner can only resign one file at a time.
Download: EBOOT/SELF/SPRX Resigner for ODE download (COBRA_ODE.zip)
I originally found this from Chinese forum called Duowan. This tool is kinda similar to JjKkYu's older version of True Anscestor Eboot Resigner. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out who originally made this tool.
All I did was adding "SPRX" resigner to support more files. Please remind me if anyone knows who built this tool originally, I'd like to give him many many thanks.
naehrwert [scetool], Team Cobra, The person who originally built this tool.
P.S. SDeath, Can you make batch script for this tool to support multiple self / sprx files? games like FFX HD has about over 1000 sprx files.. ;; I really enjoy your batch tool for ISO. Please consider this if that's possible.
How to Install and Play PSP Remaster PKG on the Cobra ODE by Joonie86
Hi this is Joonie, today I want to introduce this tutorial to show you how to play PSP games on PS3.
About a year ago, this method was discovered by the well known developer zecoxao and since then all the scenes got hyped and as a result, lots of great tools were developed, but sadly, due to the its compatibility issue with games, lot of people have lost interested in doing this. I personally confirmed this PSP remaster work on OFW by data transfer from CFW to OFW.
But at that time, I did not have ODE and Cobra ODE was still in developing stage, so probably because of that, people have forgotten about this PSP Remaster conversion. So today, I'd like to bring it back here so hopefully it helps some people who really want to play PSP games on PS3.
First of all I would like to send my thanks to everyone that contributed to this forum as it has taught a lot on the topic and I doubt I could have done this without them!
1. Sonicman ODE v1.01
2. PSP to PS3 Conversion tool
I use Aldostools' PSP2PS3 2.1.2 "mod" updated on 2013-05-09! Based on the awesome scripts created by szczuru, and the tools created by Pink1, arnold (swapperneger), zecoxao, tpu, doobz, sandungas among others devs. This "mod" tries to streamline the process of conversion of PKG/ISO/CSO/PBP to PSP package for PS3. Latest versions include a GUI and improved compatibility.
3. Compatible PSP Game ISO files for PS3
PSP to PS3 conversion's compatibility is not really good, probably as much as PSN Game to ISO, which means I'd say 50% of the chance you may get it to work. Before you begin, you could look at compatibility list:
[Register or Login to view code]
4. FAT32 Formatted USB Stick or HDD [Big enough to contain PSP PKG Games minimum 2GB
5. Cobra ODE
Step 1: PSP iso to PS3's remaster PKG Conversion
For this example i will use the following:
GAME ISO: Parasite Eve: The 3rd birthday
Disc ID: ULES-01513
Unpacked size: 1.36GB
Image Format: .ISO
Drag the ISO file to the file Path and it will automatically process and fix ISO file properly for Conversion, In the middle of the process it will ask if you want to fix EBOOT, MINIS2,EDAT and such, Just click "YES" so it will continue.
Soon you will see this screen below:
Then click "MAKE PKG" and it will start process. As soon as you're done, you'll see the message saying "Process finished" and then find the where the result is by clicking black folder icon and open the results folder:
Copy the pkg file to External USB FAT32 HDD or STICK, and plug it to PS3's front USB ports.
Then launch the SonicMAN ODE. You DO NOT have to change your Cobra.cfg setting to make it as default setting, you can just put that manager.iso file inside PS3_GAMES folder on your NTFS HDD for ODE.
Launching SonicMAN ODE and Install the pkg.
This multiMAN fork called SonicMAN ODE has pkg install feature, and it does not matter if the PKG file is repacked or not. It can unpack the PKG file without going thru PS3's signature check, and gets registered inside the system so you do not have to put your system on Recovery mode and data rebuild like old way, it's really easy to install pkg just click and go.
*A little tip for DLC install. I know it's off topic, but it is very useful tip for people who want to install DLC pkgs as well other than PSP pkgs.
With the same method, you can install DLC pkgs too, but since it unpacks everything from the package including PARAM.SFO, you may eventually face the issue with the particular game you want to play, so the best way to do is, if it is possible, after the installation of DLC pkg, manually install game update at the very last, so that way you can overwrite the PARAM.SFO over DLC's:
Select the SonicMAN ODE from the browser and mount, then launch it!
Open the File Manager:
Click the dev_usb00X [the number depends on which port you use from [S3]
Fine the package and double click:
Click Ok to unpack the package.
As soon as you're done exit to XMB. If the game doesn't appear right away, try to eject the disk and mount any PS3 games on ODE Browser.
As soon as the game is mounted, it will refresh the system and PSP game will appear. Once it's appeared, you don't need to use SonicMAN ODE anymore, it's permanent like homebrew, you don't need bootdisc or SonicMAN to launch it.
If you use Superslim PS3 and enabled 4.55 bypass, whenever you launch PSP game, your Clipboard's LED will blink as if it was doing bypass process, do not worry, you don't need to swap any disc, you can just leave the bootdisc.
It will launch no matter what. Again, you will see lots of games will have issue, eventually freeze, or blackscreen, so please check the compatibility list first and then try, if you try many times and fail, you will feel so frustrated.
Games that are confirmed by me:
- Final Fantasy 0
- Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
- Parasite Eve The 3rd birthday
*How to make your PSP games run in full screen:
Go to the game setting from XMB.
Video: Examples of three different bypassing behaviors on OFW 4.55 (Only 4k models)
Since OFW 4.55, Sony made changes on PS3's Official Firmware to block ODE, but for some reason, only the 4K/4.2K models are affected and as a result, Team Cobra successfully managed to bypass the anti-ode check on OFW 4.55.
Unfortunately, To be honest with you all, running back up games on 4K/4.2K models is not as easy as before, but, ODE still does its job and allows you to play back up games no matter what.
Bypassing procedure is a little bit different depending on the game title, so in this video, it will show you how it is different.
Basically there are three different behaviors.
1. A game with no update [1.00 version] : Only requires one swap [Boot disc -> Swap disc]
2. A game with update [1.0x version] : Requires two swaps [Boot disc -> Swap disc -> Boot disc]
3. A game with update but does not check LIC.DAT [license data] [Boot disc ->Boot disc]
In this video, there are three games that show each case of bypass procedue.
1. Dynasty Warrior 8 Extreme Legend US release [1.00 version with no update]
2. Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z JP release [1.01 version with game update patch]
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of Patriots US release [2.00 version with game update patch but no LIC.DAT]
Tested system setup:
Cobra ODE 4.30a
MCU 2.1 Public Beta
Cobra ODE Browser 1.6
WD Elements 1.5TB
Bootdisc : BLUS30111 PES 2008 US
Swapdisc : SONY BD-RE 25GB SL
BD Disc's MID : RITEK-BW1-001
Finally, from Joonie86 comes a Cobra Manager 1.6 [Stealth version] with details below:
This is as the same as Cobra Manager v1.6 that's on the official Cobra-ODE's Web site, but properly spoofed. I saw the ban report recently and decided to make proper spoofed version of Cobra Manager.
I can not guarantee if this will prevent ban from PSN, but one thing I can tell is this won't be flagged as Cobra Manager, but Kung fu rider instead.
I extracted PS3_DISC.SFB / LIC.DAT / PARAM.SFO from the original game. so it's almost as close as the original game.. but I didn't put the original ICON,PIC files because I don't think that's necessary.
I haven't tried this with my system yet since it's more work for me because I have to re burn new SWAP disc.
If someone wants to try this out please replace the manager with this one and report back.
SDeath mention that whatever file that you put inside the COBRA folder as manager.iso, on XMB it would be shown as "Cobra Manager", but I believe it won't be flagged as "Cobra Manager" because I saw how Sonic-man-ODE was flagged as Sonicman ODE instead of PS MOVE Starter Edition unlike Multiman for ODE.
Again, this is NOT Cobra ODE "Browser" but Manager which is useful for people who want to dump their own game discs.