Now playing Dragon Quest VIII; still using Odin Sphere as a base. Might try using a generic base next.
Now playing Dragon Quest VIII; still using Odin Sphere as a base. Might try using a generic base next.
does this work region free?
Can I copy my JAP Ps2 imports to play on my US PS3?
this is nice i will try...
ff10, ff10-2, ff12, resident evil outbreak, resident evil outbreak file2, resident evil dead aim and residen evil gun survivor 2!
but first i need to find the isos first LOL
Today PlayStation 3 developer deank has released multiMAN v04.30.00 which now includes support for loading PS2 Classics among the changes outlined below.
Download: multiMAN v04.30.00 Base (20130324).zip (115 MB) / multiMAN v04.30.00 Update (20130324).zip (Includes CEX, DEX and STEALTH updates - 19 MB) / multiMAN v04.30.00 Update (20130324).zip (Mirror) / Showtime 04.03.100 [CEX].pkg (5.67 MB) / Showtime 04.03.100 [DEX].pkg (5.74 MB) / LANG_CZ.TXT by varinek / LANG_DE.TXT by sinsizer
MultiMAN v04.30.00 Changelog:
- Added support for various 4.40CFWs
- Added support for loading PS2 Classics (from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO) (thanks flatz & ing.pereira)
multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE (20130324) Includes:
- multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE CEX (20130324).pkg
- multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE DEX (20130324).pkg
- multiMAN ver 04.30.00 BASE STEALTH (20130324).zip
- Showtime 04.03.100 [CEX].pkg
- Showtime 04.03.100 [DEX].pkg
Also available online and in the WEB column for those who want to test PS2 Classics. What I added to mM is just a simple function to link the iso.bin.enc files to the placeholder app. Whatever it requires is not changed. I don't have any ps2 classics to test anything. mM already has a PS1+PS2 database of almost 4000 covers (already available in the FULL version and online), hence few lines to link the encrypted isos to the placeholders. The haters are barking at the wrong tree.
You need PS2 Classics Placeholder R2 (PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R2.rar by CaptainCPS-X) installed and your ps2 classics in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO as subfolders. It is also available for download in mM's WEB column.
If you don't have memory-cards, mM will create them for you under SAVEDATA subfolder in the game folder.
Use the following structure format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game (simple naming format - no cover download)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded covers)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
or even better, the recommended format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003 (mM will use the gameID and will download the cover if available)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded cover)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
Basically you only need the ISO.BIN.ENC and nothing else:
and mM will show "MyPS2Classic" disc icon in the RETRO column. If you name your folder with the game-id, mM will download the cover. If you put "COVER.JPG" next to the iso, mM will use it instead. That's it.
More PlayStation 3 News...
This works perfectly I already got Manhunt 2 and Scarface working on 4.30.2 REBUG with the 4.40 Spoofer!
What game files did you use as a base to roll your package? This might help others who are having issues.
Does this allow us to play any PS2 game on our PS3?
yes it does!!! I used the PS2U10000 base folder and all I did was rename PS2U10000 folder to a 9 character name (MANHUNT01<------EXAMPLE) then I edited the PARAM.SFO (Changed the TITLEID) to what game I was using which was Manhunt.
also I renamed the 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap to UP0000-MANHUNT01_00-MANHUNT1PLYSTN02.rap (THE RAP FILE is included in the ps2 to ps2classics tool which is located in the exdata folder they provided) so that is matches my game opened up the ps2classics_GUI_v1.3 and click on the encrypt button then enter in UP0000-MANHUNT01_00-MANHUNT1PLYSTN02 for the Game Content ID (NOTE IF YOU PUT THE 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap file in the RAPS FOLDER (ps2_to_ps2classic_tools\2-TOOLS [PC]\ps2classics_GUI_v1.3\scetool\RAPS) and just rename it like I described above
when you put in the newly renamed RAP file it will automatically put in the Klicensee for you) make sure that the Klicensee is set for (E4E54FD67C16C316F47829A30484D843) once that's all completed click on ADD LIMG a popup will appear click YES and then click on Encrypt and a popup will appear click YES on that it will then create a ISO.BIN.ENC that is located in (ps2_to_ps2classic_tools\2-TOOLS [PC]\ps2classics_GUI_v1.3)
(NOTE: For your base file I described above I would always leave this file located at (ps2_to_ps2classic_tools\2-TOOLS [PC]\ps2classics_GUI_v1.3) its a lot easier to make your ps2 games this way just rename the base folder everytime you are doing a new ps2 game and edit the PARAM.SFO inside that base folder every time you make a new game and delete the old ISO.BIN.ENC which is in the USRDIR of your base folder DO NOT DELETE ISO.BIN.EDATA EVER) after you ISO.BIN.ENC has been created place that in the USRDIR of the renamed base folder which I will be calling it MANHUNT01
Once everything is in place I would suggest if you haven't already install the ps3tools222 and wherever you have installed this at right click on the ContentID tool and left click on "Run As A Administrator" once done you can close ContentID (The reason for this is to get the MAKE PKG to show on when you right click on a folder) Okay if your set with the CONTENTID stuff I just described go ahead and right click on your base folder which in my case it be MANHUNT01 and then left click on MAKE PKG and wait for your PKG to complete!
Now keep in mind if the PKG is over 4GB it wont fit on a Flash Drive you will have to upload your newly created PKG to your ps3 using Multiman with FTP enabled in the settings and put that PKG in the hdd0\packages folder. Once you have all that done install your ps2 title and that renamed RAP file I described earlier go ahead and put that on a flash drive inside of the exdata folder
(NOTE: Must have a exdata folder created on a USB drive for your RAP Files/ReactPSN to function properly and the USB must be plugged into the closest port to the Blu-ray drive!) Okay once you have your Rap File in place on your ps3 create a new account with only the name aa (ReactPSN MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THIS STEP!!!)
(IF ReactPSN is already installed and you have a account set up just login to that account and just rename it to aa) open and open up ReactPSN once your account has been set to aa and the system will restart on its own and the newly created Rap file is now registered for your ps2 title!
At this point if you done everything I said your PS2 will be fully functional and located on the XMB!!!! Enjoy peeps I hope this helps out everyone that has been having issues with games not working!
My god!! I'll start downloading MK Shaolin Monks right now
Hmm, I tried the Multiman method, installed both the PS2 Classics Placeholder package (17MB, shows PS2 placeholder app on XMB and installs game\PSU10000 folder) and the PS2 Classics Placeholder R2 package (153kb). Then I created a folder for one of my working rips (PS2ISO\[SLUS-20069] The Bouncer), and ftped the ISO.BIN.ENC over to here.
The Bouncer shows up in Multiman, downloads the cover, but when I run it it just goes to XMB. I ftped it to the PS2 Placeholder XMB's folder (game\PSU10000), and it runs fine from XMB. Why not Multiman? Anyone else get this to work? It would be so convenient to load up my rips and play them alongside everything else.
Okay, I've figured it out. The one rip I can't get to work is FF12 International Zodiac Job, because it's already patched with the fan translation pack which must alter something.
Anyway, you only need the PS2 Classics Placeholder R2 package (153kb) and mM 4.30.
1. Install PS2 CPR2 package and update mM to 430.
2. Whichever method you prefer (via ftp client or mM file manager), on the PS3 create subfolders for each PS2 ISO. Name them [gameid] gamename, ie. PS2ISO\[SLUS-20069] The Bouncer.
3. Using PS2ClassicsGUI (I used 1.4), place your 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap (or whicever RAP you use to encrypt ISO) file into ..tools\scetool\raps.
4. In PS2ClassicsGUI, hit the Encrypt tab, open your iso rip with the black folder icon, and copy/paste or type the name of the RAP into the Content ID field (ie. 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333). The Klicensee field should automatically populate with the hex code pulled from the RAP you copied in the aforementioned raps folder. In this example, for the generic PS2 placeholder example, the klicensee code is E4E54FD67C16C316F47829A30484D843.
5. Click the Add LIMG Sector button (if available), say yes, then the bottom Encrypt button, say yes.
6. The newly generated ISO.BIN.ENC will be in the ..tools\ folder. Take that and copy/FTP it over to your PS3 into the PS2ISO folder you created (example PS2ISO\[SLUS-20069] The Bouncer\ISO.BIN.ENC).
7. In mM, under the Retro column, hit Refresh. If you named your folder's game id correctly, mM will pull the cover automatically. The title will be exactly waht you named the folder, minus the game id part.
8. Hit x to run the game. mM will exit to XMB. (This is the part that confused me initially until I recognized the behavior)
9. Go to the PS2 Classics Placeholder icon, and hit x to start. Your game should load after a bit and a couple of resolution changes.
10. Play! No package creation required.
So basically, it's as easy as create your ISO.BIN.ENC and the corresponding game folder on the PS3, then copy the file over appropriately and enjoy. Hope this helps anyone else having issues. mM will pull the artwork and create the SAVEDATA files for you. Big thanks to CaptainCPS-X and of course DeanK for mM, and no thanks to Sony for removing PS2 emulation!
Playing Final Fantasy X International (JP) for the first time as I type this. Thanks again guys!
Last edited by moja; 03-26-2013 at 01:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?