Today Max Louarn's Cobra USB Team have announced that PS3 CFW v4.30 is incoming for DRM-infected dongle users with details below, as follows:
Update: Due to the quality of the PCB boards not being good, the ODE is being pushed back till Mid March.
05 - 01 - 2013
Cobra-USB CFW 4.30+ News
Cobra users will be pleased to hear that the Cobra USB CFW 4.30+ is currently being BETA tested. We are pleased to confirm that the PS1, PS2, PSP and all other Cobra USB features have already been integrated into our CFW.
Thanks to all Cobra users for their patience and support. Please note that PS2 games on non backwards compatible machines is no longer supported, since this functionality was removed in 4.30 OFW.
The download link will be available in few days for all Cobra-USB users.
Cobra ODE is THE optical drive emulator for PS3! In the past Cobra brought ground breaking features and unparalleled support to the PS3 scene with its Cobra USB dongle.
Now we're back with the Cobra Optical Drive Emulator for PS3. Run game and movie ISO's from any PS3* without the need to restrict your console to running on a CFW. This brings freedom of choice for the SEN, original games and functionality of the Cobra ODE without hassle or complication. A switch allows user to toggle between use of the original BD drive or the emulator.
Stocks of Cobra ODE will start shipping next month (February)
Category : PS3 ODDE
Producer : Cobra-Team (Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory)
Stockstatus : RESERVE
Shipping weight : 0.100 kgs.
Your price / pcs. :
250+ pcs : 77.00 USD / pcs.
500+ pcs : 76.00 USD / pcs.
1000+ pcs : 75.00 USD / pcs.
- Compatible with all PS3 models including phat/slim and super slim (SATA/PATA), on exploitable consoles.
- PLEASE NOTE: Work is in progress for key extraction on non exploitable consoles.
- Emulation support for PS3 ISO's (PSX and PS2 supported on BC consoles)
- Works with any current Sony OFW and third party CFW's
- Active emulation mode or pass through mode
- High speed ARM MCU onboard
- Two high speed FPGA's on board powering emulation engine
- 256 Mbytes SDRAM onboard
- Supports USB hard drives
- Supports external UI commander (included)
- All FPGA logic and MCU's onboard are fully upgradable ensuring maximum flexibility in the future, via built-in update mechanism
- Direct dumping of games from disc to ISO format on HDD (will be supported in future firmware update)
What's included in the box?
- Cobra ODE main board
- (Supports all PS3's/regions/current models all PHAT, 20xx, 21xx, 25xx, 3xxx and 4xxx series)
- Connection cables
- UI Commander
- Adapter PCB assemblies for 2k5-3k models and 4k models
Update: Cobra ODE, shipping February 2013! The Cobra Team are famous for their Cobra USB device which brought tons of unique features to the PS3 scene!
Now we're proud to announce the imminent release of our Cobra ODE device, which again will be at the forefront of cutting edge innovation for PS3 users.
- Play all PS3 games
- Play PS2/PS1 games on backwards compatible consoles
- Solderless installation on all FAT consoles and 20xx/21xx SLIM consoles
- Easy and fast installation for 25xx series SLIM, 3000 series SLIM and 4000 series SUPER SLIM consoles
- Supports all current OFW and CFW's
- OSD selection of ISO's
- UI commander included
- Easy selection of Emulation and pass through modes
- Flexible and powerful embedded OS
- High speed ARM and onboard FPGA's are updatable via inbuilt updater mechanism
- Movie ISO's supported
- Additional hardware interface included to support future hardware addons, giving user maximum flexibility
**** Designed by the team who brought so many firsts to the scene!
*** 3000 series SLIM and 4000 series SUPER SLIM hardware supported from launch
* Manufactured at a high tech facility = superb quality
- One hardware revision supports all.
- Our hardware has been designed to both fit inside and interface with the Super Slim version of the consoles, as well as the SLIM and older FAT systems.
- If you upgrade at any time from a FAT to a SLIM or a Super SLIM, then there's no need to buy a new device....
- Support for the newer consoles such as 25xx, 3xxx and 4xxx to run ISO's will be included at release.
- Functionality will be added shortly after release of the device via a firmware update.
- Ripping speed will be almost as fast as that reached by connecting drive to PC and users will benefit from the convenience of a hassle free game ripping experience! Rip games directly on PS3 to an external USB HDD in ISO format.
- Additionally we will provide a PC app at time of release of the product to market which allows conversion of JB game dumps to ISO format, so users can simply download games from the net and convert them with our app. The app will patch additional data required to create necessary ISO format.
From deank of the Cobra Team: The EBOOT.BIN (and other .self/.sprx files) for disc games are signed as regular non-NPDRM executables (like RELOAD.SELF, SHOWTIME.SELF included in mM/RetroArch/etc).
If mM is started via ISO on OFW + ODDE it will have exactly the same functionality as it had on 4.xx OFW DEX few months ago.
If they release a tool to convert a folder to a proper ISO then you can pack any homebrew which is properly written and path-independent. If the homebrew requires access to the PS3 filesystem for temporary storage (like saving/reading settings, caching stuff) it will have to create a proper game-data folder for itself and work with that path (basically the app must follow the standard ps3 conventions for disc games). mM already has this support for over an year when I experimented with discBOOT and burned a disc with multiMAN as a game.
Here is an example of how a converted homebrew looks (in this case mM):
multiMAN [PSMOVE STARTER DEMO].iso (23MB)
[Register or Login to view code]
You'll still have to convert your games to ISO files. I already mentioned that in such environment mM would behave like on OFW DEX (no peek/poke and other stuff), but it would still allow for launching Showtime, RetroArch, copying stuff from/to network, FTP... I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Finally, from naehrwert: Have fun decrypting EID4 ('drive key') on non d/g models