I tried loading PS2 games without Factory mode but it just shower me that "unknown data" logo and said PS2 games couldn't work with my PS3. I also tried using the controller with the USB charger in both slots but that didn't work either. Thanks for the tips though,
I'll give it a try. First I need to find a PS2 game disk. Finally I'll be able to play my Burnout games again.
if you can do this without FSM i'd definitely try it! I think somehow, someone has to merge old and new together, the old to force it to play and the new for better compatibility. I will one day play thps3 to thaw on ps2... thps3 and 4 on psx/gba bite
I mean, thps4 on psx is surprisingly playable for it being a game ported to psx.
Any chance of emulating PSP, like the Cobra dongle? or is that a totally different thing/method? Sadly Cobra doesn't support the new PSP games, only old ones, I wonder if this could be improved with a more "open-source" project.
that would be awesome. if they could get a psp emu working, there's a few games on that i'd like to play, namely thug2 remix (if you can't tell, i'm a tony hawk fan)
I would like to point out that I've gotten some games to run this way.
If you have a PSX2USB adapter (they used to sell these at radioshack, afaik they are now unattainable), you can use a PS2 controller on the ps3. (The ps3 sees the controller, and the adapter supports dualshock 2.)
The games I tried were:
Odin Sphere (Slowdown, graphical glitches)
Silent Hill 2 (Slowdown)
DDR MAX (Major Slowdown)
DDR MAX2 (Major Slowdown)
Once I get out of class today, I will test more games.
MultiMAN (mmCM) v04.04.04 is Released
MultiMAN (mmCM) v04.04.04 is now released, which includes PS3 NAND / NOR flash dump and EID0 access along with faster NTFS speed.
Download: mmCM v04.04.04 Base (20120809) (28.22 MB) / mmCM v04.04.04 Base (20120809) (Mirror) / mmCM v04.04.04 Base (20120809) (Mirror #2) / mmCM v04.04.04 Base (20120809) (Mirror #3)
MultiMAN (mmCM) v04.04.04 Changelog: 10 - 08 - 2012
- Improved speed (2 to 3 times faster) when copying folders from NTFS drives (async write + larger I/O buffer)
- Fixed wrongly issued error message when copying 4+GB files to USB (when source file is being split)
- Fixed access permissions/attributes of split file segments and LV1/LV2/FLASH-dumps when copying to USB
- Added support for launching NPDRM executables (SELF files) with k_license=NULL (zeroes) / RetroArch emulators
- Added support for dumping NOR/NAND flash to /dev_usb000 via HEX Viewer mode (SELECT->START->LV2->LV1->FLASH)
- Added support for writing EID0 sector (TARGET_ID + 192 bytes only) from *.EID0.NORBIN and
*.EID0.NANDBIN files generated by mM and processed by c2d.exe to change Region/Target
- ISO folders (BDISO, DVDISO, PS2ISO, PS3ISO, PSXISO, PSPISO) will be automatically created only when mM is used with supported configuration
- Changed: "Game Updates" function will find updates up to 3.60 firmware (update must be patched for 3.55CFW before installing)
- Changed: "Game Settings" menu will display PIC1.PNG thumbnail if game folder was accessed in mmOS mode (PS3GAME.BG1 present under PS3_GAME)
mmCM v04.04.04 BASEPLUS (20120813) (89 MB) of 13 - 08 - 2012 includes:
- mmCM ver 04.04.04 (BASE)
- PS3 APPS (CFW): bdRESET, lastGAME, gameDATA, stDISC
- PS3 APPS (COBRA FW): bdRESET, lastGAME, PSP Launcher, USB Updater, USB Firmware
- PS3 APPS (ALL FW) (RETRO EMULATORS) (pre-RetroArch versions): FBA Next, FCEU, Genesis+, SNES, VBA/GameBoy
- PC APPS: Aldos Tools, c2d, ps3netsrv, split4G
Download: mmCM v04.04.04 BasePlus (20120813) (89.45 MB) / mmCM v04.04.04 BasePlus (20120813) (Mirror) / mmCM v04.04.04 BasePlus (20120813) (Mirror #2)
Note: The Base+ package release contains the older Emulators not the RetroArch series, but progress is being made to add support for the new RetroArch series.
I don't replace ps2_softemu.self. Help!
MultiMAN mmCM v04.05.00 Released, Improvements and ZIP Support
Today MultiMAN mmCM v04.05.00 was released and features several improvements and ZIP support.
Download: MultiMAN mmCM v04.05.00 BasePlus (60.42 MB) / RetroArch PS3 CEX v0.9.7 RC2 mM 20120821 (19.79 MB)
MultiMAN (mmCM) v04.04.05 Changelog: 21 - 08 - 2012
- Added support for ZIP files (4GB ZIP filesize limit)
- Added support for extracting ZIP files in mmOS (unzip supports subfolders, too); User can enter the target folder name to extract the zip in.
-- Unzip in the same folder: ([O]->Unzip Here)
-- Unzip in a different folder: ([O]->Copy -> (go to a different folder) -> [O]->Unzip Here)
-- Double-click a .zip file - extracts archive to TEMP location and opens target folder
-> TIP <- : To extract into current folder enter single dot . for folder name;
- Added support for installable ZIP packages when filename is in special format (double click on such special zip in mmOS):
-- PS3~dev_hdd0~GAMES~BLES12345~dlc.zip will prompt the user to install the contents in /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLES12345/dlc folder
-- PS3~dev_blind~test.zip -> will make mM enable WRITE access to dev_flash and install the contents of the .zip in /dev_blind/test (/dev_flash/test) folder (use with caution)
-> TIP#1 <- : Special ZIP naming convention: prefix is "PS3", "/" is replaced by "~"
-> TIP#2 <- : This approach can be used to restore backups of /dev_hdd0/home or install patch-fixes or other data
- Added support for RetroArch 0.9.7 new cores - launching retro ROMs from "Retro" column
- Added support for launching retro ROMs in ZIP format from local or network locations (/dev_hdd0, /dev_usb***, /net_host*)
- Added support for new emulator cores:
-- Mednafen's PCE for PS3 (pce)
-- Mednafen's WonderSwan Color for PS3 (wsw)
-- PRBOOM for PS3 (prb) (plays Doom, Doom II, Final Doom and other Doom IWAD mods)
- Added new options in "options.ini" to define paths to new cores, roms and covers (pce, wsw, prb folders in ./ROMS and ./covers_retro)
- Added support for PIC1.PNG background images for local (internal HDD and external USB HDD) PS3 games in ISO format
- Added support for coverart for local PS3 games in ISO format
- Added support for game icons (ICON0.PNG) to mmOS Desktop shortcuts for local PS3 games in ISO format
- Fixed sort order of Game column when only PS3 games in ISO format are listed
- Fixed issue with Retro column (when detaching USB HDD while scanning for ROMs)
Here is the mirror links for the new BasePlus package, which includes the updated RetroArch files:
mmCM ver 04.05.00 BASEPLUS (20120821) includes:
[Register or Login to view code]
Here is the mirror links for the FULL package, its a biggie 270.28mb D/L that includes 2 HD motion background, 7 themes and 7266 game covers:
Download: mmCM v04.05.00 Full (20120821) (270.28 MB) / mmCM v04.05.00 Full (20120821) (Mirror)
Finally, here is an UPD pkg for those running DEX consoles or CEX2DEX converts and wish to run 'multiMAN' on higher DEX firmwares, of course you can't play 'backups' on v3.60+ DEX but you can access the media, desktop, emulator functions:
[Register or Login to view code]
Download: multiMAN v04.05.00 DEX Update (20120821) (3.13 MB) / multiMAN v04.05.00 DEX Update (20120821) (Mirror)
is this 4.21 debug compatible?