yeah, with the improvements he done on MM I think he deserves to work on something that he can get something. He release stuff for free for over a year already, but I do hope that dean wont get mad on us who uses the dongle-less cobra.
Hmm, cobra dongle payload hasn't been completely reversed by zadow, because he simply doesn't have the skills for doing that stuff, what he released is something anyone can do on their own, so it's of zero utility to get payload hacked.
06-16-2012 #213Banned User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
I'm glad someone can see how much 'work' exists in zadow's releases.
From Wololo (via wololo.net/2012/06/16/ps3-zadows-release-a-useless-repost/): PS3 Zadow's release a useless repost?
Yesterday I posted what appeared to me as a massive breakthrough in the PS3 scene, a bunch of files decrypted from the Cobra dongle, one of the DRM encrypted piracy dongles for firmware 3.55. The files had been released by user zadow28, who seems to have a fairly good reputation on some of the scene’s websites.
I have been contacted since then by several veterans of the PS3 scene, who told me these files are, in essence, garbage.
They didn’t explicitly tell me the word “fake”, but rather, it seems the files posted by Zadow are basically useless information, which in addition has been publicly available for a while. None of them told me “where” that information actually can be found, which for now I interpret as “it is so useless that we will not even bother to tell people where they can find the information in the first place”.
I do not have the tools, the knowledge, or the time to confirm if Zadow28 is a fraud, but I can say I am seeing a pattern I’ve seen in the past on the psp and the vita scene: unknown guy gets semi famous by posting lots of garbage that looks like the real deal, famous devs call him out for a faker, random people start some conspiracy theories about old devs trying to get all the credits, other random people tell the old devs that they should collaborate with the new guy instead of bashing him, old devs have a hard time explaining that it is impossible to collaborate with a dude who has the IQ of a banana. (I’ve been through that so I know how people like kakaroto feel.
So, if I’m to choose a side, I’ll go and trust the old dudes. If they say it’s useless, I guess they’re right.
From defyboy: Thanks but these were mostly available already. With the exception of your IDA DB of course.
Why do I constantly find things newsed as a release when it's just copies of the stuff the developers made available on the wiki long ago. This isn't a gift for developers, it's another cry for attention. The developers either already have this stuff, or know exactly where to get it.
I made a mirror on the wiki for anyone who wants his files: ps3devwiki.com/files/zadow28/
From euss: At least I won't be needed to give zadow unself/ungpkg with sources and precompiles like his last readself2/3/4/5 fail (so much better to use scetool anyhow)... (which btw are all on wiki, /files and gitorious too)
I do not know who incepted this thread with nonbased remarks about Atmel AVR/Micochips PIC, but they should look closer to the content and what is needed for such target. There is nothing AVR/PIC related inside the filesets, just plain unself/ungpkg'ed files which where ran through IDA and exported i64/db files. It also does not make any sense to even /want/ it as a dongle, because if you have the PPU/SPU changes, it would make alot more sense to distribute it as patches (MFW Builder TCL) or live patcher: payload (payloader3) then a stupid dongle.
From CrashSerious: First, I've had some concerning health issues and haven't touched this for several months. Also, priorities were re-alligned in the process and haven't had a chance to pick it back up. So I have nothing to report... on to the main reason for posting.
I had a big long email started (about halfway done) detailing every file in there and just gave up due to the number of things that were junk.
Mostly, it looks like files we already have, unselfed eboot.bins (congratulations on using unself or scetool), a corrupt ida database, some meaningless/worthless logs and who knows what else.
I did look at the corrupt idb to make sure it actually "looked like"an idb. It actually did at a glaqnce--- so at least it's not like the last time and he was trying to pass off a linux binary as lv0 decrypted or some crap like that... oh wait... he did do that, didn't he defyboy .
Probably a better use of my time if I stopped dissecting the gift any ways. Zadow’s files are still available here if you want to give them a look, but it’s probably not the breakthrough I initially thought it was.
Finally, from flat_z: I am very sad looking at all news sites about ps3... when they keep posting any "shocking" news about such noobs as zadow28 and exposing him as the greatest hacker in the world
Every developer has the right to protect his/her work by using dongle protection (most of them pretty poor at best).
As seen many o' times over on the GSM scene, dongles are being cracked/hacked/exploited for their contents. It's only a matter of time. Look how quickly all the other dongles were phased out - in what, about 12 months (less I think) we were pretty much dongle free (except FSM)
MultiMAN mmCM v4.04.00 Released
Hey Boss, a new version of multiMAN mmCM v4.04.00 is released (it came up via update option - pastie.org/4113718).
Download: mmCM v04.04.00 Base (20120619) (25.34 MB) / mmCM v04.04.00 Base (20120619) (Mirror)
multiMAN v4.04.00 (available through the update option in multiMAN) / SVN
- Fixed something that annoyed some users of 5x4x5, 4×2 and XBDM display modes: After restart (or going to mmOS and back) game modes 5x4x5, 4×2 and XBDM will display the last selected entry (game/video/music/photo) and will *not* reset to dash mode
- Added option to "Default Display Mode" setting: [Disable]; If there is no display-mode-lock it will make mM start in the last used display mode
- FTP session timeout set to 1 minute
- Added context menu when desktop is selected (to Refresh, Create New Folder, Show Desktop, Reset mmOS, Restore Wallpaper)
- Added "Permissions" to context menu when single folder is selected (to reset folder access permissions)
- Double clicking on .p3t (PS3 theme) will copy/install the file/theme to PS3 XMB themes system folder (/dev_hdd0/theme); user can later install it from XMB
- Added support for creating shortcuts to /net_host PC shares
- Folders created on the desktop now open properly
- Desktop shortcuts to /ps3_home/video, music and photo now have proper icons and open the virtual folder and not the /dev_hdd0/* one
- Desktop shortucts to games/executables (EBOOT.BIN/.SELF) can be used to boot external apps or mount games
Game Compatibility / CFW Related (KMEAW/REBUG/ROGERO 3.55CFWs):
- Improved compatibility for the so-called "Black-Screen-Games" (BSG) which *until now* required the "BD-Mirror" option and worked ONLY from external usb HDD (otherwise game would lock/loop/error during load).
- Now users of the listed firmwares can use the "BD-Mirror" option for game backups stored in the INTERNAL HDD. It may improve the compatibility of over 100 games (some older titles, some newer), for example AC1 / Colin Dirt 1 / Prince Of Persia / CoD / MW / Tomb Raider, incl. titles which had sound issues.
- A partial list of some games that may gain from the new option can be found here:
http://pastie.org/pastes/4115732/text (by GotIt4Free / tortuga-cove.com)
- It is now possible to set "BD-Mirror" option for games in Internal HDD and it enables the new functionality. The option works both with PS3 Game Disc in the tray and in discless mode from /app_home.
- The option is available in the "Game Settings" menu for each game in the list
Some of the games that have been tested by Tortuga-Cove member GotIt4Free which are now working on Internal HDD are:
- AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band
- Apache: Air Assault
- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
- Blitz: The League II
- Brain Challenge
- Brunswick Pro Bowling
- Cabela's Dangerous Adventures
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Colin McRae: DiRT
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2
- Condemned 2: Bloodshot
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Eat Lead: Return Of Matt Hazard
- ENCHANTED ARMS
- Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
- ETERNAL SONATA
- Everybody's Golf: World Tour
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
- FAMILY GAME NIGHT 3
- Fit in Six
- Golden Axe: Beast Rider
- Green Day: Rock Band
- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
- Iron Man 2
- James Bond 007 Quantum of Solace
- Man vs Wild
- Medal of Honor Airborne
- Modern Warfare 2
- NBA Ballers: Choosen One
- Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
- Prince of Persia
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Prison Break: The Conspiracy
- Racquet Sports
- Rapala Fishing Frenzy
- Rock Band
- Rock Band Song Pack 2
- Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock
- Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2
- Rock Revolution
- Rorona No Atelier Arland No Renkinjutsushi
- Saints Row 2
- SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
- SEGA Superstars Tennis
- Shaun White Skateboarding
- Shaun White Snowboarding
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
- Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection
- Summer Challenge
- Surf's Up
- The Godfather The Don's Edition
- The Lord of The Rings: Conquest
- The Tomb Raider Trilogy
- TNA iMPACT!
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Tom Clancy's SplinterCell Double Agent\
- Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Tornado Outbreak
- We Dare
- Williams Pinball Classics
- Winter Sports: The Great Tournament 2010
- Winter Sports: Go for Gold 2011
- World Series of Poker 2008
- WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011
- Zumba Fitness Join The Party
Most of the games listed above used to only work from Ext. HDD and with problems, but with this new release, they should work fine from Internal HDD now and without errors.
Finally for Rebug CFW support deank has made available a quick update: Start multiMAN by holding L2+R2 and then go to the UPDATE menu and re-download the update.
Hi guys, can anyone help me please. I install the file but it give me error 80029563
Do you have the Full 4.03 installed, then try installing the 4.04 file again. If your updating through mmCM on PS3, try downloading to pc first, then install from usb.
Hi wind rider, thanks for your reply where can i get the full 4.03 file to install? Yes i install with usb to the ps3.
Hi HRU, did not see your post thanks i will try it again.
hey man is it after installing the file you given then i install the new 4.04?
Yes, install the mmCM v04.03.00 Full, then install the mmCM 4.04 base as its the update. It will say already installed, click yes to overwrite.