Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CVAR Tool v2.0 for PS3 is out!
Today TheUnkn0wn from the NGU forums (linked above) has released a Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CVAR Tool v2.0 for PS3.
This tool allows you mod your SAVEGAME.SVG file so you can have things like super jump, infinate ammo, infinate health, all weapons and much more.
This is ONLY FOR SINGLE PLAYER AND SPEC-OPS. I copied a list of the CVARs (commands) and in the screen shot you can see how you enter the CVARs. Not sure what all commands do but you can experiment with the commands and different values.
Download: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CVAR Tool v2.0 for PS3 (Requires .Net Framework 3.5)
Changes in v2.0
I have fixed the 'Fix Checksum', it should now work properly.
I have modified the CVAR's in the CVAR List. Bugs that made 2 byte values create an incompatible gamesave have been fixed!
I am the first to do this aswell as reverse the checksum myself, as I have been able to do this for quite a while. I just thought I might aswell release it as there's nothing special about it.
What does this do?
This allows you to modifiy the Single Player and Spec-Ops with CVAR's.
What are CVARS?
CVARS's are small commands that allow you to change variables in the game. CVAR's are part of the Quake Game Engine. This is what the COD4 Game Engine was built uppon. (e.g: jump_height 999, this will make you jump REALLY high)
How to Use?
1. Copy your 'Modern Warfare 2 - Single Player' gamesave from your PS3 to a USB Stick.
2. Plug your USB Stick into your PC, Load up my program. Load SAVEGAME.SVG from your USB Stick (Located Like This)
3. After you have loaded SAVEGAME.SVG you can now use [ADD] or use the [CVARS] button's to modifiyadd CVARS.
4. Once you are happy with the edits, simply [Save SAVEGAME.SVG] and overwrite your existing SAVEGAME.SVG on your USB Stick.
5. Stick your USB Stick back into your PS3. Copy the 'Modern Warfare 2 - Single Player' gamesave back onto your PS3.
6. Load up MW2, Enter Single Player and go on 'Resume Game'.
7. After the Mission has loaded, Press pause and go onto [Save and Quit].
8. Now you can select a mission or go onto Spec-Ops with your modified CVARS!
Whats the [Fix Checksum] button for?
This allows you to fix the checksum of any manualy edited SAVEGAME.SVG (using a hex editor), if you edit the SAVEGAME.SVG in my program you won't need to use this.
If you are confused at this point, then this Tool isn't for you. If you find Bug please report them to me.
[Register or Login to view code]
More PlayStation 3 News...
Am I going to get banned if I do this?
It says it is for single player (offline) mode so I would assume that wouldn't be an issue, however, if there was a way to use it online then chances are good you could risk getting banned.
Wouldn't try it anyway, some xbox users got banned for past mods they made to their games. Why tamper the game even if its your single player and risk a ban from psn its not worth it really.
xbox is not PSN. Microsoft is anal about pretty much everything.
Doesn't seem to work for me. I downloaded both files and activated the cvar's and everything. There is another hack going around the to get to 10th prestige online. Hope i dont get banned. =(
On the point of banning a console I am starting to think persons should at least get a warning before such an action is taken.
Sony has told CVG it's not banning players who utilise the so-called Javelin glitch to cheat in online multiplayer games of Modern Warfare 2.
A Sony rep, however, told CVG today: "I don't believe we are banning people for using the glitch." So expect exploding corpses to be more prominent on Sony's platform, then.
is it possible to still earn ps3 trophies with this hack enabled?