quick question, has anyone had dtshd-ma and true hd avchd stuctures working from external hard drives connected to their ps3?
The bandwidth limitation from USB just got me thinking, i have avatar running through multiavchd at the moment....regards
It all depends on your AV receiver and cable connections. Using toslink/coaxial/optical may not work for HD audio. There are receivers which support DTSMA/HRA/TrueHD via HDMI connection.
Sadly my Pioneer receiver supports DTS and Dolby - no HD audio, so I can't test HD audio.
If you get SD core from TrueHD or DTS from DTS-HD then it means your PS3 does its best to comply with your receiver's capabilities.
can you add an option to create the required files on the usb/flash stick if they are not found when selecting an AVCHD from internal?
It may save a lot of questions from people who have forgotten to create the structure.
#zoned: It checks for these files and creates the AVCHD folder structure/INDEX/MOVIEOBJ.BDM ONLY if needed.
I wish those with so many questions GIVE it a try first instead of asking "will it", "what if", "should I"... It's all taken care of.
I'm going to try it... downloading isn't completed that's why I was wondering while waiting
1) Check for SDHC card presence: /dev_sd
2) If SDHD is present, check if PRIVATE folder is present and creates it if not present
3) If SDHC is not present, check for MemoryStick (/dev_ms)
4) If MemoryStick is not present, check for 4 USB ports (/dev_usb00X)
5) If suitable external storage is found (SDHC, MemoryStick, USB) check for AVCHD folder presence (or /PRIVATE/AVCHD for SDHC). If not present, create it
6) Check for /AVCHD/BDMV folder presence (or /PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV for SDHC) - if not - create it
7) Check for INDEX.BDM inside BDMV - if not - create it
8) Check for MOVIEOBJ.BDM inside BDMV - if not - create it
9) Mount AVCHD HDD folder to storage device and exit to XMB
Perfect! that's what I was wondering about! thanks so much for taking the times to list them!!!
Okay I tried it, and the manager lists the video on the list but when I hit X, it says do I want to activate the AVCHD folder and I can play it on XMB under video tab... so I say Yes, but when I go to Video tab on XMB, I don't see it... I see the USB storage under the video tab but when I go in, I see nothing... what am I doing wrong?
It works for AVCHD compliant folders, and not for Blu-ray ones.
It should list the title in YELLOW (not in orange/red) if it is AVCHD. Also make sure you're using 01.09.01 version.
When AVCHD HDD folder is activated you have to go to VIDEO tab, click [X] on you USB/SDHC/MS and click [X] when AVCHD icon appears.
And something VERY IMPORTANT: Your jailbreak method/device MUST support syscall8 (hermes 3/4/4b).
Ah... mine was listed in RED so I guess it's not compatible.