09-28-2011 #4321HieiYYH Guest
the games i have
_BCUS98114-[Gran Turismo 5] < GT.VOL split into 12 parts
_BCUS98123-[Uncharted 2 Among Thieves] < pak22.psarc split into 6 parts
_BLUS30418-[Red Dead Redemption] < rdr2_layer0.rpf split into 7 parts
_BLUS30554-[LA Noire] < cases_1_1.big.ps3 split into 15 parts
_BLUS30711-[Red Dead Redemption Undead] < rdr2_layer0.rpf split into 8 parts
need some light here, maybe deank can help me on that.
09-28-2011 #4322wwywong Guest
I think it's been a fact that games with large file (more than 4 GB) needed to be "cached" (partially only for the big file) to multiman if you want to play it in your ext hdd (no matter how many parts of split the large file generated... that's irrelevant).
There are no other ways. But we should be thankful that it even works in the first place. Before it used to be you must copy the whole game into the internal in order for the game to work, and then the game itself is installing another "partial" of itself into another location because the ps3 thinks that you are loading bluray to play the game... now with the caching it is much better. It is only once per game, and you can erase the cache if it gets too big. Best of both world!
Oh and by the way, in order to use this feature at all, you need to enable Hermes as your payload, and then REBOOT ps3 and going back into MultiMAN and select the game in the ext with large files splitted. I tried without reboot (just setting the payload to Hermes and select the game right away, and it won't work.)
09-28-2011 #4323tretiy Guest
Multiman 02.07.00 and PS2 backups on PAL 60GB software emulation PS3
Hello! I have updated to MultiMAN 02:07:00. When I insert any PS2 disc (backup/license) and try to open it, nothing happens. When I press triangle, there is an available "Load" option, but when I select it, nothing happens. Why is it there?
Second question: if I dump/insert ps2 game and navigate to its folder/disc in File Manager and select SYSTEM.CNF file to run, multiMAN gives me the following message: "MultiMAN will now exit to XMB and you can navigate and press [PLAYSTATION(R)2 Format Title] to play it." with an only "OK" option. When I press the OK button, ps3 hangs, no matter which disc (official ps2/ps2 backup/ps3 disc/no disc) is inserted, and I hear that its fans start working louder. Then I only have to switch off the PS3 using the power on/off button. Clicking a PS button doesn't seem to work.
So, is it possible to run ps2 games or not? I have a PAL ps3 60GB (the one with software ps2 compatibility) with 3.55 kmeaw.
PS: did anyone try to rip a ps1 game to run it from a hard drive? Tried multiple games (both license and backups), they all hang in the beginning/middle of the backup process.
09-28-2011 #4324HieiYYH Guest
09-29-2011 #4325wwywong Guest
You won't be able to do that. PS3 use it's proprietary format, something like linux system format. There is no one so far that can have a ext HDD formatted like their internal HDD. So that's why playing those game in ext hdd the only way is to transport the 4gb split files to internal hdd and joint the files there (become your cache file) and then link them with the rest of the file in your ext hdd and play it like you are playing it in internal hdd. Regarding why you need Hermes to use this feature, I do not have the knowledge to that, and someone else might be able to jump in and help.
Hi Dean, just want to see if this problem happen to me. After updating to latest (2.07.07), I seems to have problem deleting games that is in the internal hdd. Games in external hdd are fine, I can delete, but as long as I try to delete a game in internal hdd, it give me "Options cannot be changed or title is locked" message. Is there some option you add in the pass few release that prevent user from deleting titles in internal hdd? I jump from 2.04.01 to 2.07.07, so I might have skipped some thing that is added inbetween? Thanks in advance...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
MultiMAN PS3 Game Backup Manager v02.08.00 is Released
Today PlayStation 3 developer deank has released MultiMAN PS3 Game Backup Manager v02.08.00 with the changelog detailed below.
Download: multiMAN v02.08.00 Update (20110929-223000) (1.75 MB) / multiMAN v02.08.00 Base (20110929-223000) (16.11 MB) / multiMAN v02.08.00 Full (20110929-223000) (97.47 MB) (3040 covers) (ShowTIME SOLAR lastGAME bdRESET ebootFIX ebootMOD ps3SERV)
multiMAN v02.08.00 Changelog:
- Added: "Create ISO" option in SIDE menu when BD/DVD is selected in VIDEO column or PLAYSTATION/PLAYSTATION2 is selected in Game column
- Added: "Create ISO" option in File Manager's context menu when /dev_bdvd is selected
- Added: Creating ISO files bigger than 4GB to USB HDD will result in splitting in segments .iso.0, .iso.1 ... .iso.31
- Added: Advanced option in XMMB Settings: "Expand Contents of XMMB media columns"
- Added: SD/SDHC, CF and MS/MSPRO devices to Photo/Music/Video columns
- Added: Standalone Web-Browser application with FTP (BROWSER.SELF) to avoid all memory issues
- Added: Support for launching PSX games from CD-R discs (XMMB Game Column and other display modes)
- Added: Launching directly ps1_emu.self or ps1_netemu.self from file manager will make multiMAN assign your Memory Cards properly, too
- Added: Options to set preferred Video Mode for PAL and NTSC PSX titles (default/480/576/720/1080)
- Added: peeklv1 and pokelv1 commands to control console
- Added: String printout for peekl and peeklv1 control console commands
- Added: Prompt to dump Hypervisor/LV1 after creating GameOS/LV1 memory dump
- Changed: Improved the looks of the old debug font, used in some dialogs and file manager
- Changed: multiMAN starts faster now
- Fixed: Unnecessary auto-refresh/scan for content on each startup
- Fixed: Browsing for ROMS in ZIP format
All features related to PSX discs require firmware 3.55 (kmeaw/rebug).
More PlayStation 3 News...
09-29-2011 #4327NTA Guest
More reason to get earlier PS3 model... gonna take a while though.
09-29-2011 #4328ynoz Guest
is it true that running ps1 back ups probably kill my laser lens?? just read that in DH page.
09-29-2011 #4329niwakun Guest
it might be, since we're using the BD drive and that will obviously decrease the life span of our BD Drive. And I also noticed that the drive is really spinning as fast as it can, it was like a ordinary CD-ROM drive in PC that speeds up like hell. Although if you use a Original PS1 disc, that case seems to be not present at all.
09-29-2011 #4330HieiYYH Guest
no way to run a psx iso or something?