Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread
Page 400 of 448 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4473

Sponsored Links!
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think it's much up to MM itself at it simply uses PS3's built-in function in cooperation with JB dongle payload or cfw to perform a simple redirect only so unless somebody will provide a new option in payload / cfw or patch the games itself I doubt there is much that could be affected by Dean directly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I thought perhaps something along the lines of bdemu.

Here is how it is:

/app_home is not an actual folder, but a virtual space for game developers to perform various tests during game development process. Using /app_home as game root folder is supported in some games, because developers simply didn't remove it when game was created/completed and sent to Sony for mastering. /app_home is used on test/debug units because there is no actual bd-rom disc of the game being developed.

Some games obtain their working directory by using specific functions and these do not support /app_home. So a game either works or not - there is nothing to improve there.
    Last edited by deank; 06-06-2011 at 11:18 AM

Ok thanks for the clarification, do you think that a cfw with 100% discless support is possible?

Well, if you patch vsh's /app_home entry with new text ("/dev_bdvd") you may get 100% discless support.

I got an idea... let me test with a game which doesn't work from app_home and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by deank; 06-06-2011 at 12:00 PM

100% discless ey that would be awesome!!!

please let me also in on any progress... great work as always dean..

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but its hard not to with your track record on getting stuff done :-)

The weak link with the fat ps3's was always ylod from overheating, it seems that with the slims the weak link is the blu-ray drive. 100% discless support would be invaluable to so many now but mainly for the future when all these cfw ps3's drives kick the bucket.

I have 2 ps3's both of which are kmeaw 3.55. One is totally ok but the other has no drive, if you pull this one off I would remove the functioning ones blu-ray drive to allow better cooling.

Thanks man, you're such a legend!

Hey deank, a great job as always. One question though, I noticed that when launching Genesis roms from MM Custom Soundtracks stop working. They do fine if I launch the emulator from the XMB though.

Is this intentional, or perhaps a bug / limitation in launching the .elf.

Nice job Bro... i have a eye on you...

Closed Thread

Sponsored Links