Play Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) Backups Online + Offline
ZuBiiKz on PSX-Scene has found a way to play MW2 backups online, and additional instructions for Spec Ops/Campaign all on 3.55 CFW.
This has been made and tested by me. 100% Works. 3.55 Only
Put your MW2 USRDIR to dev_hdd0/MW2_GAME/USRDIR (Make a the MW2_GAME Folder in the dev_hhd0)
1. Download both PKGs 1.00 & 1.11 Patch
2. Put it in a USB & Plug it in the PS3
3. Install 1.00 first and then launch and you should get a update 1.11….press yes and wait until its finished downloading and installing.
4. You should notice the PKG that you installed has disappeared then install 1.11 PKG and then launch
5. Go and Pwn some noobs
6. (if you get a black screen, you have done something wrong)
Now for those of you that want to play solo ( special-ops and campaign ) like me try the following it works 100% !:
1) Download the PKG SOLO or Multi ( but multi is already explained thanks to the guy who started this topic !)
2) Install PKG ( copy SOLO or Multi pkg to your usb and insert in PS3 and install the pakage)
3) Remove default.self , default_mp.self , and the original eboot.bin from the downloaded game USRDIR !!! very important !
4) Use your Backup Manager ( mine was mm 01.13.01) to copy the modified USRDIR folder to your ps3 /hdd0/MW2_GAME
5) If MW2_GAME does not exists, just creat MW2_GAME folder with CAPS
6) After copy, go back to xmb and click on the modern warfare 2 icon
7) Play the game !
*8) You can switch from solo to multi and back by just reinstalling the corresponding pkg, with this method you can play both
Ok I love this app but one thing I can not figure out and still use Comgenie because of it. I can't scroll no farther than the items that are displayed and I need to be able to scroll through all my files. Now I now this can be done in this app but how?
Could somebody explain to me how to view videos on my ps3 using this program. I heard it could be done by putting video files in a virtual folder that can be seen on the xmb. I have tried to figure this out but i'm never able to see the vids or the that folder (ps3_home).Was the ability of this feature removed? I'm also not talking about avchd's but just regular avi's that are ps3 compatible.
Since version 01.14.000, multiMAN fails to copy from external to internal hd. Freezes at 99%. Gaia is ok. Help me?
The whole "Stealth" crap has been mentioned over and over again. The thing is, that is NOT a fail safe way of making things all pretty and rosy like.
People think they are 'stealthing' themselves just by simply grabbing another PARAM.SFO but that won't do much, there is more to it than just that.
First of all big props to dean! Best manager there is. Hope you still have some quality time left.
I read through most of the pages but maybe I missed out on something so don't shoot me guys.
Recently I switched from OFW 3.55 to CFW Waninkoko V2. CECHG04 40GB
When I look in the option screen I see that the payload is [PL3]. When I use my other PS3 with USB JB dongle (Hermes PL) I see [Hermes]. My understanding is that Waninkoko has intergrated Hermes but I have the feeling MM is using PL3 because some of my back-ups don't work anymore.
I tried to change the options.ini but still PL3. What can I be doing wrong? Thanks, and Dean keep up the great job!
A new day - a new multiMAN version. Nice to have an such up to date Backup Manager I hope, we can run SPLATTERHOUSE on 3.55 without any mess soon. Looking forward to 01.15 !
just a quick question, when I FTP something to my internal HDD, do I need to press R1 to every game I have in the list or do I just need to press R1 once and it will apply to every game?