10-02-2011 #1Tidusnake666 Guest
Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 PS3 USA / JPN Hybrid WIP
UPDATE - v0.12 out!
Today is a good day for Atelier-series fans! Similar to Disgaea 4 PS3 translation patch released earlier, Tidusnake666 on PS3 News has updated his work in progress and now shared a PS3 translation v0.1 of the Japanese version of Atelier Totori: The Alchemist of Arland 2.
Few thing to note before reading on:
- Translation was done with Microsoft Translator API based program, so sometimes it, frankly saying, doesn't make sense. But, story messages are natively (officially) English, although there're some padding problems, but they do make sense.
- Pretty much everything (skills, side-dialogues, locations, names, items, ingredients, even bestiary and much more) was parsed in translation, but approx.10% of text remained untranslated with original Japanese words. But I'm sure you can figure it out
- Voice acting will be in Japanese (cons of Japanese EBOOT)
- The game is fully untested, so there may be crashes, although I checked everything byte-by-byte.
- If you don't like it, do it better!
0. Obtain both JP (BLJM60241) and US (BLUS30735) version dumps of the game. Delete any game data on PS3 you have (you can leave your saves) We'll be using US version as a base.
1. Replace US folder "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Res\Sound" with the equivalent Japanese one.
2. Replace US folders "EventCheck" and "Eventprocess" in "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Event" with japanese equivalents.
3. If you want trophies, replace US trophy folder (TROPHYDIR) with japanese equvalent one.
4. Replace US PARAM.SFO with Japanese one
5. Replace US EBOOT.BIN with patched Japanese one (in attachments)
6. Copy US version game on your ext./int. HDD, enjoy and play!
v0.1 to 0.12
- Added tutorial for enabling trophies (japanese)
- Homuncullus (Chim) bug fixed, you can now speak to him without crashes and recruit previously unavaliable because of this bug characters
- Some of the items are correctly translated, most of the traits are translated as well - thanks necroziel!
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-02-2011 #2niwakun Guest
actually swapping the entire files under USRDIR using japanese version as a base will be just fine. Although you must not replace any files under "res/sound" or it will crash/hang.
With little hacking in EBOOT you can fix that truncated text with correct char length per line, and you will need to translate a bunch of NPC dialogues, Dictionary Entries, as well as Items, Menu Battle, Magic/Skill etc... Almost everything is in there needs to be translated.
10-02-2011 #3Tidusnake666 Guest
Yes, I've just tried this, thought the sound to be the problem too.
And there's seems to be hell a lot of japanese text in single eboot-file. Oh well, too bad it's not that easy, it would require really a plethora of work.
10-02-2011 #4niwakun Guest
if you had a japanese DLC on your legit PS3 and do a file transfer on your jailbroken console. You can actually use those Japanese DLC and move the DLC folder to USA version game data directory, it actually works without any problems.
There's no DLC atm on USA version, but I can already join Cecile, Cordelia (Cory in Japanese version or Kuu-chan) and Yksel on my party using the Japanese DLC packs.
10-02-2011 #5HeyManHRU Guest
Tidusnake666 you legend , glad to see someone who gives so much time for the scene.
Just wait until the boss gets back on and it will be posted in the news section.
10-02-2011 #6Tidusnake666 Guest
Nah, it's nothing big.
Most of the game's strings are in eboot, in plain text there's only main dialogues. Items, skills, pretty much everything is still in japanese. There's plethora of manual hacking-translation, not sure if it can be done manually
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
10-03-2011 #8Tidusnake666 Guest
Thanks really, Boss, but without some good japanese speakers-translators, this project is a dead end *sigh*
The most of the strings are in EBOOT, and hacking it is like translating good old SNES game without moving pointers...
Anyways, I'll dump japanese text from eboot and post it here in some time, maybe someone is willing to help
10-03-2011 #9Tidusnake666 Guest
Okay, I've dumped strig table. Can anyone with japanese knowledge look through it? Just to tell us where's junk and where's real japanese words. It wouldn't take more then half an hour, but would benefit everyone.
Open .dump file with MadEdit (setting 932 codepage -S-JIS)
10-03-2011 #10Dimkaua Guest
You are wrong. It's not Shift-Jis, it's UTF-8 unicode. Why? Open "EVENT_MESSAGE_MM01_OP1_010.ebm" with MadEdit in Shift-Jis and in UTF-8. In UTF-8 you can copy japanese text and translate it via Google Translate. Same method for EBOOT.BIN.
If you looking for japanese text, search in HEX for 3C 43 52 3E (<CR>). Sorry for my bad Engrrrrrrrish
For example, first <CR> in EBOOT.BIN placed in 9EDD30h. Japanese text begins in 9EDDA0h. 24 Bytes. ワールドマップへ. UTF-8.
Translated via GT: "To the World Map"