Guys for those of you using the US version (BLUS30537) the game can be backed up both internal and external hard drives. I did not use the patched update version, I used the retail one (http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/t...1-V0100-PE.pkg)Sponsored Links
After installing the update using Hermes4-psn-3.50 spoof, I unpacked the game with open Manager 2.1 (Do not use Gaia to unpack. Game will not work for some reason) after OM2.1 finishes backing up the game. You need to start the game with Gaia manager 1.03.1 (game will not show when you insert a BR disk inside if using OM2.1 again not sure why).
I did not patch the PARAM.SFO (from 3.50 to 3.41) at 1st just to see if the game works, it did but Gaia keeps asking to patch the file every time I start the game so I ended up patching it. Also I didn't ad ASSASSIN_ISO file in the backup game external (/dev_usb/GAMEZ/BLUS-30537/PS3_GAME/USRDIR) or internal (/dev_hdd0/game/xxxxxxx/GAMEZ/BLUS-30537/PS3_GAME/USRDIR) Started the game, installed some files and I was playing in no time.
1. Install retail update 1.01 (http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/t...1-V0100-PE.pkg)
2. Backup game using Open Manager 2.1 to internal or external (Do not use Gaia)
3. Start the game using Gaia 1.03.1 (Open Manager will not work) my case anyway
4. Insert any original BR game disk
5. Start game
6. Wait for files to install
5. Play and enjoy
Hope this helps some out there. Sure it would've saved me alot of time before I figured it all out.