Thread: Warhawk Beta Heads Up
I finally managed to get Warhawk working. The problem was that my PC and PS3 could not access internet. I just left everything default, i only set the proxy of the PS3 to the IP address of my PC. This did the trick. I was able to logon the store and download the warhawk Beta from my PC Cool game!! Very addictive!!!
i'm having problems connecting everything up... basic i have a laptop ps3 router. i have the ps3 connected to the laptop via a lan cable. how then does the laptop connect to the internet?
the laptop has a wireless option? can someone please help me?
Edit: just a bit more info.. in the proxyserver that is running on the laptop the following Ip which is the one for the laptop 192.168.0.4 and port 8080
i have also added this into the network settings under the proxy server tab...
i cant get the demo transfer to work...i've done everything i have to but still nada...HELP
Please post more information if you want help...simply saying I need help gets us nowhere.
If you would like help please post your following info:
1. PS3 Region (NTSC, PAL, JAP, etc.)
2. PS3 Firmware - (1.8 1.7 1.6 1.54 1.51 1.5 etc.)
3. Network setup - "My ps3 is connected into my computer which is connected to the internet... or My ps3 is connected to my router...or My ps3 is direct connected to the cable modem or internet connection"
4. Ip and Port that PS3 Proxy Gives you.
Then I will be able to try and help you.
If so go to your ps3's network settings and choose auto for all of them except when you get to Connect via Proxy choose USE A PROXY and input 192.168.0.4 port 8080.
I am not familiar with PS3 proxy but try installing ps3 Proxy server and follow my guide that was posted earlier in this topic, simply substituting the link to the F@H that is for your PS3 version (NTSC , PAL, JAP etc.)
Uh oh. here it comes. A gaming site has reported on the Warhawk download via proxy and it seems as if all hell is ready to break loose.
Won't be long till it hits Digg and hundreds of people flood into the game actually causing problems.
I have a Euro PS3, firmware is 1.80 and my internet is set up as follows: PS3 connected to router via wifi, router connected to PC through ethernet cable.
thanks and sorry for the lackluster first post! lol
Try this, as I mentioned in a previous post on page 7...
1. Download and Install PS3 Proxy Server
If you don't know the IP to use for this then simply download PS3 Proxy and it will tell you the IP address to use and what port number.
2. Run PS3 Proxy Server GUI
3. Go to the replace files tab and on the left empty box paste the following (it is the URL to the F@H download)
[Register or Login to view code]
4. On the right empty box put in the URL to the pkg you want to download and install.
[Register or Login to view code]
5. Go back to proxy settings and ensure you have the proper settings filled out with PS3 mode checked off.
6. Set your PS3 to connect via proxy to the IP address you were given, (i.e. 192.168.x.xxx port 8080)
7. Once this is done Press start on the PS3 ProxyServer, it should now say "Stop" and yield no errors.
8. Go to PS3 and begin to download and install what appears to be F@H, however the size of the file will show that it is not really F@H (I BELIEVE).
9. Let it download and install, then enjoy!
NOTE: This was written based upon using a NTSC PS3 FW 1.8 but modified for a PAL PS3 to install warhawk beta
i'm getting a dowload error on the ps3: number 80710092