Video Tutorial: Installing Windows Vista on the PS3
This is how to install Windows Vista on the PS3 with Qemu 0.9.1 BiOS Rev 1.171. It's a 100% PS3-based emulation of Microsoft Windows Vista... super slow, but it works.
1. Install/Download Qemu 0.9.1 (http://bellard.org/qemu/)
2. Download Bochs Bios Rev 1.171 (http://bochs.cvs.sourceforge.net/boc...g&pathrev=MAIN)
3. Install Vista on your Computer using Qemu and Bochs Bios Rev 1.171.
4. Vlite helps speed the install up, Vista's install make take a day or so.
5. You may also need to add this command "-cpu pentium3" for Qemu to work right.
6. Copy the .IMG to your PS3's HDD
7. Open Terminal where the Vista IMG is located
[Register or Login to view code]
(The -cpu pentium3 option makes it so it doesn't BSOD with error code 7F)
It will take about 25 min to fully boot (network connection and audio show up).
It will take about 25 min to fully boot (network connection and audio show up). :\
I dont think i'm going to use Qemu... Wine or something else... VirtualBox could work even better... who knows
thx for the info mate!
Is there no way to run the oh-so-much more reliable windows XP?
When you say slow do you mean the usage of it is slow on the system or slow as in the download? and I heard some one had 256MB memory patch if possible where can I get 1GB memory patch?