Video Tutorial: Downloading Torrent Files with the PS3
The following are instructions on downloading LEGAL torrent files directly to the PS3 via TorrentRelay.
- Find a torrent file link.
- Copy .torrent link (ie: www.google.com/get/########)
- Go to TorrentRelay.com
- Click on the 2nd input box with [Get URL] next to it, and type in the link from above.
- Click on [Get URL].
- Click on the file you want. It will list all the files available on the torrent.
- Save As dialog should pop up.
Alternate Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XA78ZsReA
I know this is an old thread but I just noticed it and had a question. If you're DL'ing a torrent through your PS3 connected to a router, can they ping your IP address?
I told a friend of mine about the PS3 DL'ing torrents and he went paranoid anti-gov on me and started ranting about IP address and being tracked.
Can someone help with an answer so I can shut him up?
The TorrentRelay site does the torrenting for you - so you personally arent downloading it via Torrent. All pings will go to the host and not you. You are just downloading it via the normal HTTP off the relay site.