Test Drive Unlimited 2 Teleport Mod + Savegame Editor [You can go to the Secret/Eden Island!]
Welcome, all lovers of TDU2
This tutorial will cover all of the steps to enabling teleportation on the the map within TDU2: (via tdumods.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?830)
Modding the game, as such, ultimately allows for access to all portions of the island - major cliffs, all islets (small islands), etc.. You can even do this online! (Might get you banned, but do as you please... It would be so hilarious to see somebody on Eden Island. But, ban alert.)
This mod was originally made for the PC, but I ported it to the PS3. (It was easy.)
You will need:
- The Original TDU2 Disc (You silly pirates...)
- External HD (thumbdrive, 2gig min)
- Hex Editor (ftp://wa651f1:[email protected]/HxDen.zip is highly recommended)
- Jailbroken PS3
- File Manager (i.e. multiman, comgenies, etc)
1. Load up the TDU2 disc, and install the game data to the HDD if you haven't already. (PS3 auto-installs it if you don't have it)
2. Open your favorite file manager on your PS3
3. Navigate to hdd0/game/BLUS30527/USRDIR/ (game not games, and the game ID, BLUS30527, could be different for you. It's OK, just make sure that it's the directory for TDU2)
4. Copy the following files to your external drive (There could be more, after more updates) -
(These are all update files... Most likely, the PS3 just uses one or two of these. Mod all of them, just to be sure.)
5. Take the USB drive from the PS3, stick it in your PC
6. BACKUP YOUR FILEZ. Even though HxD does it too, DO IT YOURSELF.
7. Shift-select/Ctrl-select all 5 files, and drag them to the HxD. They will all open up in separate tabs.
8. Repeat steps A-D for each tab (5 times total) (DO NOT INSERT OR DELETE BYTES)
a. Search > Replace (Ctrl + R)
(Make sure datatype is text-string)
b. In the Search For field, paste this (21 bytes) -
c. In the Replace With field, paste this (21 bytes) -
FREETELEPORT = ON..//
d. Save the new modification (Ctrl + S)
9. Copy your newly modified .big files over to your external USB
10. Copy them from your USB onto the PS3 in hdd0/game/BLUS30527/USRDIR/
11. Load up your TDU2, go to the map. You should now be able to go anywhere you like.
(Including Eden island!)
Oh, and those who wanted it, the savegame editor is attached. (This one 100% works.) Careful driving, nao.