Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Thumbs Up Spansion S29GL128N & DIA-001 for PlayStation 3

After 3 days of intensive head-scratching, and speaking with a certain person I now bring you the 100% sure way to dump/erase/write this Spansion N NOR flash (DIA-001)...

Firstly, connect your progskeet to the USB and run 'zadig.exe' - then select "Libusb0" as the driver to install for your progskeet device

THEN you need to use Winskeet4000-111004 to dump/erase/write (NOT the newest 111205)

SIMPLE!!! Credits to domelec for sharing the 'secret' - no really, a big thanks!

One thing to note - this isn't made clear anywhere... You can only use the WinUSB driver & Winskeet 111205 IF you have updated your Bitstream!!! Otherwise, use the older flasher & stick with the Libusb0 driver.

Questions welcome!

Dude... come on the irc regularly .. anyways i got a dia-002 i'm going to try what you said lol.. my ones not getting detected ... going to rewire

God this chip is a pain in my butt. I can't get to to take a flash no matter what.

Hi is this solderless? just wonder if i shall get a progskeet or e3flasher.

You can use an e3 on it. However I would suggest that, I have seen so many ps3s that have been bricked because of the e3. I would say get a progskeet, it will work with more systems. Thanks