this right here wins the gameSponsored Links
THANK YOU... hopefully this will come in handy in the future when some type of loader comes out IF it ever does :-p
Guys, I followed the steps as detailed, however when running ./configure --install-plugins the output states Plugins ... No. I re-installed libtool as detailed in the guide but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Can anyone suggest anything I may be missing?
BTW. Great Guide.
Thanks, try recompiling libtool from source, the one installed on my PC = lacked the proper file (cant remember atm), a recompile fixed that!
Here's a simple way to setup your PS3 to bypass the firmware check using a Windows machine as a dns server, its basically the same thing as what Wii users did to use the wii shop as a browser:
1) Download the SimpleDNS software from http://www.simpledns.com/download.aspx
2) Run SimpleDNS (you don't have to reboot despite the installer telling you to..), click on the Records button
3) In the records window, click on Tools > Quick Domain Wizard
4) for domain name enter: ps3.update.playstation.net
for Web server IP enter 220.127.116.11
delete the Secondary DNS name entry, you do not need it
5) Now that you have your new server added, you need to add A Name entries so the ps3 gets redirected on the firmware requests, to do this simply right click and choose New Host Address (A-Record)
6) we need to add two A-Name entries, depending on what region you are in. You can add as many as you'd like if you want to cover your bases though
For the US, we need fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net and dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net and for the UK we need fuk01.ps3.update.playstation.net and duk01.ps3.update.playstation.net
So, In the host address window, enter fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net (or fuk01.ps3.update.playstation.net for UK) for Record name, and 18.104.22.168 for IP Address, set the Time To Live to 999 days. Repeat this for dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
7) your end result should be a setup similiar to this, once done simply close the records window in SimpleDNS so that it is back at the activity window
8) On your playstation 3, go into internet settings and enter manual setup and set your PS3's DNS server entry for the IP of the pc on your lan which is running SimpleDNS, then away you go!
Last edited by eternal; 04-24-2007 at 03:50 AM
Thanks for the great work!!! Would it also work with a DNS Server and the redirected addresses included in the etter.dns file? For me this would be a very easy way to do, cause my Router has an build in DNS Server.
OK, as i see in the posting above it should work. Now if i only had a PS3....
Last edited by tjonest; 02-20-2007 at 04:50 AM Reason: too slow
Thanks CJPC. Recompiling libtool-ltdl did the trick. Online gaming here I come ... hehe
You dont have to put any update file anywhere, just do what the dns server instructions say (or the linux stuff) ,and your set!