03-14-2007 #491derrick82 Guest
Im not sure i just want to be able to access the SP store for friday to download the minoa golf 5 demo anybody know where i gone wrong seems it finds my amended .txt file renaming the 1.5400 to 1.5100 im on the verge to give up and upgrade but know it will be a silly mistake.
03-14-2007 #492Tsusai Guest
Works w/ PowerDNS
I've got another windows solution working with the freeware program PowerDNS.
Very simple. Uses a MSAccess file (which can be edited with OpenOffice or some other program) to store the information or a MySQL database. I'll have a tutorial up sometime this week.
03-14-2007 #493derrick82 Guest
GET http://www.jp.playstation.com/R/ps3_a001 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (PLAYSTATION 3; 1.00)
x-ps3-browser: 1.50 (WP; system=1.51)
this is the settings ps3proxy shows when connected and i can browse the internet via the ps3 but system update pops up if wanna log into PSN
03-14-2007 #494tworkemon Guest
03-14-2007 #495Tsusai Guest
Another Windows Guide for PS3 Firmware Bypass
What this guide does:
Provides a freeware way of setting up a DNS server with Run As Service option.
Windows NT/2000/XP (Vista is an unknown..too lazy to test)
- Locate and Download PowerDNS (Freeware: http://www.powerdns.com/en/downloads.aspx)
- Download attachment. This attachment contains all the information needed (its the etter.dns redone)
- Install Power DNS. If you wish to have it run as a windows service (auto run without logging in), make sure you select that.
- When it asks to setup a ODBC, hit yes, and a window will pop up.
- Go to System DSN tab, and click add. Select Mircosoft Access Driver (*.mdb).
- Name it PowerDNS (do not close window).
- Extract this post's attachment to the location you installed PowerDNS to. It should overwrite an existing file, which is what we want.
- Press the Select Button back on the previous window, and find the powerdns.mdb file we just extracted.
- Hit ok and close it out.
- If you are using a service, start it if you know how, else reboot. If you aren't using a service, you can start the program from the Start Menu.
All should work well. If you use it manually, I've gotten random error messages. I've ignored them. Just need to set your PS3 DNS to point to the computer running PowerDNS, and you should be set.
03-15-2007 #496Albut35 Guest
This worked perfect for my 1.51! Thanks for all the help and guides! Much apperciated!
03-15-2007 #497waleedoo81 Guest
i used the ps3proxy method.. i cant log to the ps store.
03-15-2007 #498Tsusai Guest
03-16-2007 #499Tsusai Guest
Ok, with the help from flash67 here, we realized I overlooked something.
~~~IF YOU ARE NOT INSTALLING/RUNNING IT AS A SERVICE~~~
You MUST run the program pdns_recursor.exe that is located in the folder you installed it to ALONG WITH the program from the Start Menu.
03-16-2007 #500waleedoo81 Guest
thanks Tsusai for the easy guide, but i have a problem.. when i try to test the connection i get this message: An error occured while resolving the name of the server (B0130208)