PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 836



  1. #21
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,517




    Arrow

    For what it's worth (don't get excited yet) I just spoke with a PDX contact about this discovery and there is a chance this may (they wouldn't confirm anything specific) have something in common with how they are currently running PS3 iSOs off the HDD.

    With it, we can basically LOAD our own files right now... they just won't RUN... yet. It will be funny if another DEV/GRP picks up on this and releases a PS3 iSO Loader before "D-DAY" arrives indeed! Something like downloading your own PS3 iSOs from a 'virtual' PS3 store that you run yourself.

  2. #22
    is the tutorial coming out tonight?

  3. #23
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,517




    Yep, CJPC is working on it right now.

  4. #24
    Sr. Member itwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    93




    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    For what it's worth (don't get excited yet) I just spoke with a PDX contact about this discovery and there is a chance this may (they wouldn't confirm anything specific) have something in common with how they are currently running PS3 iSOs off the HDD.

    With it, we can basically LOAD our own files right now... they just won't RUN... yet. It will be funny if another DEV/GRP picks up on this and releases a PS3 iSO Loader before "D-DAY" arrives indeed! Something like downloading your own PS3 iSOs from a 'virtual' PS3 store that you run yourself.
    that's great and hopefully someone is taking good use of that and make us a loader before the GODs

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    Yep, CJPC is working on it right now.
    Thanks!

    how long do you think it would take? I am considering to go to bed, but i am too exited to sleep....

  6. #26
    Newbie kutibah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    33




    Quote Originally Posted by itisme424 View Post
    Thanks!

    how long do you think it would take? I am considering to go to bed, but i am too exited to sleep....
    Yeah, now I want to stay up as well lol.

  7. #27
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,517




    He said on iRC that the Tutorial is almost done (safe to say maybe 30-60 mins tops?)... granted it's only the Linux one, as a Windows one won't be ready tonight since neither him nor 'anonymous' used Windows to do it.

  8. #28
    Newbie kutibah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    33




    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    He said on iRC that the Tutorial is almost done (safe to say maybe 30-60 mins tops?)... granted it's only the Linux one, as a Windows one won't be ready tonight since neither him nor 'anonymous' used Windows to do it.
    One question, when you say Linux and Windows tutorials, I'm assuming that this hack has to somewhat use your computer in order to work? If so, I can just boot up my Knoppix Live DVD

  9. #29
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,517




    I just asked CJPC @ iRC... he said "it SHOULD work, depending on the distro (of Linux)" if that helps.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrytran View Post
    ^^i think their saying that you would have to boot up into the ps2 otheros with linux (yellowdog or fedora) to install a program or whatever it is to bypass the firmware.
    i heard you don't need linux on ps3, just on pc. could be wrong

 



Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Register, Login or Activate Your Account to post on the forums.