PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 836





  1. #11
    Newbie krwz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    15




    On a scale from 1 - 10 how difficult will this be? As a comparison, if installing YDL on the PS3 is say a 6, what would you rate this?

  2. #12
    nice man. can't wait for the tut. finally can browse the network. woo

  3. #13
    My only concern is - how easy then - after performing this work - is it to update to an official sony firmware update?

    If the System seems to think you have the latetst update already - how can you update to say 1.6 etc....

    I'm sure all will be answered once the method is revealed - but that's my only question really....

  4. #14
    Sr. Member itwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    93




    Red Face

    yep, i was there last night when the supposedly "anonymous" guy talked about this. it definitely includes some modification on update file.

    but im not gonna do that and it might involve a possibility of bricking ur $600 ps3
    Last edited by itwong; 02-20-2007 at 01:14 AM

  5. #15
    Moderator PS4 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    29,493




    Quote Originally Posted by krwz View Post
    On a scale from 1 - 10 how difficult will this be? As a comparison, if installing YDL on the PS3 is say a 6, what would you rate this?
    CJPC said he'd rate it only a 2 at most... and no, you can't brick your PS3 doing it so don't worry HEHE!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxxer View Post
    My only concern is - how easy then - after performing this work - is it to update to an official sony firmware update?

    If the System seems to think you have the latetst update already - how can you update to say 1.6 etc....

    I'm sure all will be answered once the method is revealed - but that's my only question really....
    you can always update using a memory card.

  7. #17
    Sr. Member itwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    93




    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    CJPC said he'd rate it only a 2 at most... and no, you can't brick your PS3 doing it so don't worry HEHE!
    cool, i was there last night and the guy said it requires some hexedit work and hopefully they can make it as simple as possible.

  8. #18
    i wanna play some damn demos this is awesome.

    I'm guessing this can also work hand in hand with the future loader? like if sony releases an update that stops the loader instead of being messed til it's patched we can just bypass it now huh

  9. #19
    kick ass. My firmware's already up-to-date (I love my demos) but it's still very promising.

  10. #20
    Sr. Member hunter316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    308




    Sweet! This is awesome news! Can't wait for the tutorial! Good Job Guys!

 

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Register, Login or Activate Your Account to post on the forums.

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News