Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 8 of 16 First ... 789 ... Last
    This is so great, thanks for the guide !!!

Hey Mushy,

i've tried everything to downgrade but nothing works. I don't know what to do. Can you try to upload your version of my nand again? i would try it with that one. Believe me, i tried everything to install a 3.55 firmware but with no luck. I think i have a mistake in my patched Nands. If you can upload them again i will try that one.

Im sorry that i'm wasting so much time of you. Believe me, first of all i try everything on my own, but i cant step forward now.

Greets

Edit: I can do what i want, but the usb doesn't work. The LED from the stick shows no reaction.

Brendan - this is yours I believe - http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5z5kc

Kiki1234 - yours is on it's way

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t14znd

http://www.sendspace.com/file/btxpsj

Thank you for uploading the the patched nand dumps. I have tested them with the same results as i had. Ylod. I've tried everything at the weekend. I found out that i only have the green and black screen when i flash back in vise-versa. Thats why there is no usb function.

Then i reinstalled 4.0 firmware via usb and Service Mode. Read out again, patched the files (1patchcos355.bin), flashed back ---> Ylod

Then i saw that the 2patchtrvk.bin is exactly the same as in my original Dump. So, that say to me, that i didn't need it.

Then i tried the 1patchcos.bin bin with the new dump (new 4.0 firmware) ---> Ylod
    I flashed back the original new dump, the ps3 is working fine.
    I go to service mode shut down the ps3, read out the nands, patch the files, flash back ---->Ylod
    (everytime when i rescramble with flowrebuilder i have a look if all folders and files were created (bootloader cCSD, cISD etc...)

Ok, you see, i've tried everything. I really want to open the window through out the ps3 and forget about everything i have ever done with it

Maybe you have one more idea. If everything went well, i buy a ylod ps3 (same model as mine) in the evening then i will fix the ylod and try and this one. Only to see if its the firmware of the ps3 that make the problems or am i the problem

I forgot to tell you, that i'm using the Progskeet with winskeet. But i think that can't be the problem, because when i flash back the originals dumps, the ps3 is working well.

Ok, thats it from my side. Maybe you have one more idea, if not you will here from me when i have a second ps3 for testing here.

Again big thx to Mushy for helping.

Edit: I have compared your patched files with my patched files and they are the same. So that shows me, that i didn't do mistakes at the patching part. I think that my firmware isn't "compatible" with this patch but then i were the first one i think. I get no silence in my head

Kiki - what setup are you using with your Progskeet? Dual NAND writing doesn't work well. I haven't tried the NAND clips as I solder my connections.

I use Winskeet USB, but have to solder the NANDs seperately (NAND1 to the progskeet) in order to get BOTH NANDs written with the correct flash.

Very strange... I think it's time to update the NAND downgrader files...

why it's only for 256MB Nand?

Because the method used for downgrading NAND/NOR consoles is slightly different.

Kiki - I'd more than likely say it's down to a hardware problem (with your progskeet). Reason I say this is becuase I've had nothing but trouble with mine since I bought it (v1.1 Crystal Blue). Even with the new bitstream - I cannot program both NANDs as I have to solder flash0 to NAND1 on progskeet, read then write, then solder flash1 to NAND1 on progskeet as for some reason I get 2 dumps of the first NAND.

VERY buggy software, although worth perseverance because of the write speed

Hey Mushy, i know you can't read out two nands at the same time. I read and write every Nand on its own. I thought so too, that the progskeet has a failure. But the misterious think is, when i flash back the original Nands the Ps3 is working fine.

This week i get a 2. ps3. I will test it with the other ps3. When its done, i will let you know

No probs kiki - if you still can't get it downgraded you could always send it my way. I'd do the downgrade a bit cheaper since you've done the dumping part & have backups to work from already.

Yeah please do let me know how you get on!

Thx men, but i have to get it on my on The good thing is, i can't destroy it anymore, because i have a working dump I will give it some more trys. First of all i try an other ps3 with the same process, because it is the right one. I know, because your patched dumps from my dump are exactly the same as my patched dumps. I compared them with HxD.

I think ill find a way

Page 8 of 16 First ... 789 ... Last