How to use a SIXAXIS PS3 Controller on Your PC
This tutorial will show you how to use the controller on Vista, not just XP.
Your controller won't look like this ^
Ok here we go..
1) Download this package: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=14910
2) Extract the package somewhere on your PC using WinRAR
3) Plug in the controller to your PC using the USB cable that came with the PS3.
4) Press the PS button.
5) Go to the extracted package and run libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe
6) Wait for it to install, at the end uncheck the "run test app" option and press finish.
7) Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe
8) Press the home button.
Ok your all done, your controller should work, even on windows vista. If you want to test it do these additionnal steps:
1) Go to start > settings > control panel.
2) Then press Game Controllers.
3) Select PLAYSTATION(R) 3 Controller and press properties.
3) Press the test tab and press the PS button.
4) When you press different buttons or move the analog sticks, different numbers will light up and the bars will move up and down, like this:
5) Done, enjoy!
How to get your SIXAXIS controller to work with the PC (older revision):
The SIXAXIS controller can be used on Windows PC. As is the case with it under Linux, it works as USB HID device that needs special initialization under Windows.
The instruction to make it work properly is as follows:
Download this file: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=14912
1. Download and install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe).
2. Unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe
3. Plug the SIXAXIS into your PC.
4. Run ps3sixaxis_en.exe once.
5. Push the PS button on the SIXAXIS once if it seems to be sleeping.
So far ive tried this with SNESX9 and it works like a charm! To test if it works go to Control Panel > Game Controllers then it should show the PS3 controller, click properties then press buttons and move the joystick to see if it responds.
Video Guide: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fotFIDi7BHU
How to use your PS3 SIXAXIS for PC Games (archived):
1.) Download PS3 Sixaxis Win32 Driver (http://www.ps4news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=14912)
2.) Download JoytoKey! (http://www.ps4news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=14920)
3.) Once all them files have been download and installed, and they work on your PC you can move on.
4.) To set up JoytoKey click on the Create button. Call the Config Playstation 3 or PS3.
5.) Go to Control Panel > Printers Or Other Hardware > Game Controllers
6.) You should see PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller next go to Properties now you should see buttons 1 - 19.
7.) Click a button on the controller and watch one of the number light up, that means that button is that button number.
8.) Go back to JoytoKey and you will see button numbers and beside that disabled, double click the button that you made light up and config it to what you want that button to do.
If you would like to use the controller for a mouse then do this:
1. Find the Left, Right, Up, Down on JoytoKey
2. Double click left and go to the mouse tab.
3. Move the cursor movements to the left intill the number gets to -72.
4. Do that will all them.. here is the Config list:
Left = -72
Right = 72
For up and down you will be using the up and down scroll bar not the side 2 side one used in left & right.
Up = 72
Down = -72
If you would like to make the X button and the Circle button Click & Right Click then do this:
1.) Find and double click button 14 on JoytoKey
2.) Click the right button check box and hit ok.
3.) Find and double click button 15 on JoytoKey
4.) Click the left button check box and hit ok.
Well there we have it, I'm playing GTA: SA with my controller.. its fun when you don't have to use the keyboard to do it!
everytime i go to the controller propeties and press buttons it dosen't do anything!! I really want to play but it isn't working.
Any way to use it with Mac?
i dont think it will work with MAC because MAC install file are different...
Guys, There are updated guides to using a controller with your PC, look them up on youtube.
Were the drivers are tested with 32bit or on 64bit operating systems?
Thanks for the tutorials and I'll try it with my laptop.
Awesome tutorial. Using controller for Super Meat Boy, tonnes of fun.