How to Use Locked PS3 Game Saves on CFW Guide
Here's a quick tutorial on how to use locked game saves on your CFW PS3.
What you need:
- FTP application on both your PC and PS3 or a file manager.
- A locked game save.
What to do:
1. Open up your FTP program or a file manager.
2. Go to "dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/savedata".
3. Copy the locked game save to the "savedata" folder so it should look something like this" "dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/savedata/BLES12345-B0".
If you're on OFW and wanted the locked save file to have the same user ID as your other save files and also unlock the save you can use PS3SaveUnlocker.
Here's another quick tutorial on how to use PS3SaveUnlocker.
1. Load one of your own Param.sfo files from another save file you own in the "your Param.SFO" option.
2. Load the Param.sfo file from the save you want to unlock.
3. It will make a new Param.sfo file, copy that to the save file you're going to use.
Hello, I recently downloaded a R.E: Gold Edition saved game from gamefaqs and followed the instructions here but every time I play the game, it says that I can't use the saved data 'coz it's from another's user's profile. Is there a way for me to get around this problem? I'm only using a ps3 to surf the internet 'coz I don't own a PC or a laptop.
Thanks HeyManHRU, I recently restored my PS3 backup to a new PS3 and was having problems trying to load up my previous save games.
I'll give your method a try.
Thanks, I'll try that.
for some raeson the save unlocker doesn't work for me.. really annoying!!
it is possible rename /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x (number), for example:
/dev_hdd0/home/00000014 to /dev_hdd0/home/00000001 without lose anything