I've got two demo units at home with me. Going to try this on one.
I've got two demo units at home with me. Going to try this on one.
how to make the kiosk unit to not auto-start when switch is flipped on the back? my unit turns on when i flip the switch on the back.
did you really read starcube's guide on page 1?
i find it surprising this question would pop again, if you had trouble understanding his guide, then try another version written by me:
skip to Step 4.. I have successfully performed this on a 60gb PAL ps 3 kiosk unit, thats right, its the PAL version with only the PS 2 GS chip (no Emo Engine).
Also, I wanted to point out theres a slight error on the last few steps where we wait for 10 minutes for the update to finish and the console auto shutting down. The next step should be to PULL OUT all USB drives before turning on again.
If I left the USB stick with the ps3updat.pup it will re-update itself again for another few minutes and autoshutting down (very deja-vu situation and repeat itself until I pull out the stick)
so let me re-iterate,
- place in USB stick with lv2diag.self from the lv2diag 1 folder and ps3updat.pup
- turn on console, black screen for 5-10 minutes
- power light (green) will start to blink before auto shutting down (good sign!)
- once shutdown, REMOVE the usb stick
- now power on and it will still be in LOW RESOLUTION but with the additional red box (factory service mode, these are all perfect signs)
- switch it off using back switch or sync controller to do it
- follow the next step by deleting both the files in the USB stick and putting the lv2diag.self from the SECOND folder.
- After inserting the USB stick again on the last USB port, switch it on AND IT WILL PANIC SHUT DOWN (dejavu situation, just relax, this means its all done)
- Now remove the USB stick and power on, YOU WILL go through the setting up process like as though it was a brand new ps3, so change the resolution back to normal, complete the setup process and enjoy a new experience with your ex-demo ps3 console!
no more 4 digit codes to fill anymore yay
What PS 3 did you test it on?
PS 3 Kiosk/Demo 60gb PAL release with 3.41 demo firmware
What jailbreak device can I use?
There's plenty of guides covered here, do some reading, and if you are already an expert on flashing psgroove using FLIP, you most probably can use PSGrade right now, just locate the right .hex file for your device posted here!
Will this brick my ps 3 kiosk console?
No, just follow the guide closely and ASK US if anything weird is happening, don't rage and do something stupid.
Will this erase my savegames?
IT DID NOT erase my savegames, my profile etc. However, its best you back up your savegames to an external hdd or usb stick before executing this process.
Did it screw up the Blu ray drive from playing BD movies?
No as well, this is happening for certain people but did not happen to me.
all credits to starcube for this excellent quickie guide!
where can i buy a kiosk
look out for game stores closing down, they always sell the demo consoles away to recuperate some money, this happened a lot last year!
but now that game store owners (will most probably) be informed about this exploit, they can convert them and sell them at full retail price (booo)
Last edited by Haksam; 12-09-2010 at 08:52 AM
They have PSN access if updated to the latest demo firmware, but no PSN store access no matter what. I know this for sure because I own one. I'm assuming this conversion fixes that among other things.
I've also heard of trouble with downloading patches to update games, which would make sense because that's basically just another form of PSN store download, right?
Uh, not likely. For the most part, from all accounts, these units were never supposed to reach the public. I've heard that technically they were owned by sony. Store owners might rent the kiosk or something, but I think the display and machines inside were supposed to be Sony's.
I can't wait to do this. I've been following the scene closely since I got one just WAITING for something I could take advantage of to release my ps3 from its prison. The jailbreak stuff is just a bonus.
Hi all, I have an NTSC/U 60Gb demo/Kiosk PS3 and have used this method convert it into a retail machine. Everything went well and experienced no problems at all. All demo restrictions seem to be lifted at last. I do however now have a slight problem. I can get the machine into jailbreak mode no problem at all using any number of payloads available. I then install any homebrew app without a hitch. Problem comes when I attempt to load any applications, I just get a black screen and the PS3 is non responsive and needs to be shut down.
Not sure if this problem may be related to the issue regarding blu ray playback after downgrade, though obviously mine is a little different (just my luck) This is afterall the same sort of symptom you get if using a mismatched blu ray drive board iirc.
When I try to play a blu ray movie i was getting the prohibited message, after re installing 3.41 over 3.41 it now says "this video cannot be played (80029962). Disc based games do still run though.
So as it stands I effectively cant jailbreak because I cant use any apps so also cant attempt any file copies etc etc.
If anyone can shed any light on this I would be greatly in your debt. Sorry for the long post especially as its my first but though too much detail would be better thasn not enough..
haksam i put the lv2diag.self and the update pup file on my usb thumb drive but when i turn on my ps3 it just starts normal it doesnt take me to a black screen i tryed to put it in the last usb slot and still it wont read it did you just drop this file on the root of the usb or did you create folders for it?
You put it in the one on the far right (when your PS3 is flat), or the TOP one (when your PS3 is vertical?)
Furthermore, of course the stupid question here (but, have to ask) you have flashed a JB device with a Downgrade flash, correct?
yes i put my formated fat 32 thumb drive on the far right usb drive, i installed both files that haksam sayed, my demo ps3 automatic turns on when i flip the switch on the back, do i need to disable that? please help
the kiosk ps3 is a 60gb with the 4 usb drives and ps2 playback
what do you mean by flashed a jb devise with downgrade flash?
Last edited by ZCRISTIAN1980; 12-09-2010 at 11:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?